Is there any other species?
mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: When's the last time....

Post by mark poulson » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:18 am

Just_Bass wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:26 pm
Just two days ago and it hasn’t happened for me for quite some time. I took my SLX dc XT 70 out for a test run along with my alphas SV TW.
It was a little bit windy 5-10mph but I had no problem with SLX casting into wind. I have 15lb braid and casting 5 gram free rig. I test a few cast and lower the dial down to 2 with PE mode and only little over run when lure hit water. Switch to Alphas with 12lb FC and Fat Ika which known to be good in wind. First cast into wind (btw I use alphas in even stronger wind before with not a single problem) and I forgot all about thumb. The line dig in beneath backlash so bad I can’t get it out. Tried for 10+ minutes until I saw kinked damage, decide to trimmed all backlash out because I know the line is no good no more. There goes my only Tatsu line.
Respool with braid and a Tatsu leader.

Nektarios
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Nektarios » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:45 pm

I had to re-spool a spinning reel I let the wife use that was full if wind knots :lol:

sbd3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by sbd3 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:38 am

About 3 years ago, bank fishing around around lots of trees and bushes I caught a branch on my backcast and poof, she done. This was right after I arrived to the spot after a fairly long hike and was the only rod I brought, ay caramba!