Hanover, PA smallies

Please post your fishing reports (freshwater or saltwater, conventional or fly fishing). You don't have to give away your secret spots but you do have to share what tackle you were using!
rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Hanover, PA smallies

Post by rando » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:20 pm

I will really appreciate if anyone is willing to share any Hanover, Pennsylvania (and also DC) smallie fishing recommendations? Visiting wife's cousin for a week and looking for some wadable smallmouth spots. I mapped some spots on Monocacy river and Rock creek. I am already in the area and probably will map other potomac or susky tribs in downtime, but was hoping for some local insight.
I am limited to wading, do not have enough time to plan a guided trip. I only have a day to fish so I want to make the most of it.

Thanks in advance, pms are most welcome, and for sure I will repay with my local knowledge.

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Hanover, PA smallies

Post by rando » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:22 pm

Case closed. Fished Mocacny River in Maryland. Caught some dinks, but was surprised how crowded the place was at almost every spot I tried.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Hanover, PA smallies

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:45 pm

rando wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:22 pm
Case closed. Fished Mocacny River in Maryland. Caught some dinks, but was surprised how crowded the place was at almost every spot I tried.
You can thank coronavirus for that. Everybody has taken up new outdoor pursuits lately.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.