Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Moon underfoot major

Post by toddmc » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Obz wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:57 pm
I wouldn't sit a day out, I've noticed a difference since I've been paying attention. Can anyone go into further detail on why there is more fish activity during majors and minors throughout the course of any given day.
You already answered your question in an earlier post. The moon's pull gets the lower end of the food chain moving which, in turn, gets the upper end of the food chain more active. Tidal fisheries are more influenced by the moon than inshore lakes because of tides, but all fisheries can be influenced. The time of year also has a big influence on when the fish are more active.
The fish tend to be more active at night than during the day during the summer because the fish like the cooler water temps and less traffic. The fish tend to feed more during the day in the winter because they are seeking warmer temperatures. There are often exceptions to these rules though, that is why we say just go fishing. The fishing can be good at any time because of many other variables that we may not even be aware of.

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Moon underfoot major

Post by Obz » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:31 pm

Word