Social distancing ...

Discussions focused on the pursuit of freshwater species
uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Social distancing ...

Post by uljersey » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:14 pm

For now at least my state has kept ramps and waterways open. We're in the southern part of the state, far from the New York / North Jersey metro area that's been hit so hard. Ramps and lakes have seen some activity but everyone maintains their distance and it's still possible to get out and away for a while. The weather however has sucked as of late, cool and cloudy has been the norm. Fishing is easy, it's catching them that's proving tough but keeping it all in perspective I'm not complaining.

accodn2ryan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Social distancing ...

Post by accodn2ryan » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:39 pm

Better get in your fishing fix while you can. Most of our lakes here in Southern California have already been shut down.

Stay safe out there, and tight lines!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:04 pm

Here in Florida or at least the part I’m in
The water ways look like it’s been over taken by water taxis.
I went to one lake and was off by 1100 and one of my buddies was at a different location and said that it was far too much traffic so he left.
There was talk about the city docks closing but not as of yet. Enjoy it while you can. Just the peace and quiet if nothing else
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:54 pm

Most waters up here are small (50-75 acres) and many have no ramp at all. Add to that that virtually every inland fresh water lake here is electric only, it helps keep traffic to a minimum. Perfect for canoes and kayaks.