Pick one Lose Two

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Pick one Lose Two

Post by goldrod » Mon May 15, 2023 6:18 pm

Has this ever happened to you,
You're on the boat, you finally get time and you run home hook up and get on the lake and you're fishing and it's going well.
than you reach down and get another rod when all of the sudden you feel a tug on the rod you just picked has the handle of two other rods, but you don't realize it till they are both going over the side of the boat and you hear a splash. TWO RODS in the drink... :crying: :crying: :crying:
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Pick one Lose Two

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon May 15, 2023 6:51 pm

Oh man; so sorry to hear. I’m diving every time though. Usually takes a minute for a combo to sink. If you have cork handles, they can even float a bit. Where are you fishing in FL where it’s deep? Most lakes around my ways are fairly shallow with deeps spots here and there. I have a pair of glasses I retrieved twice off the bottom of FL lakes going back with a rake. The lake gods gotta work pretty hard to take my s…. I’d go back over that spot with a rake if you lost them.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon May 15, 2023 8:42 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 6:51 pm
Oh man; so sorry to hear. I’m diving every time though. Usually takes a minute for a combo to sink. If you have cork handles, they can even float a bit. Where are you fishing in FL where it’s deep? Most lakes around my ways are fairly shallow with deeps spots here and there. I have a pair of glasses I retrieved twice off the bottom of FL lakes going back with a rake. The lake gods gotta work pretty hard to take my s…. I’d go back over that spot with a rake if you lost them.
I was able to retrieve due to the pads being so strong
Lesson learned though. Slow down and pay attention. Even wrap the line around each rod so they don’t entangle themselves
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Mon May 15, 2023 9:46 pm

What did the combos consist of Goldy?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon May 15, 2023 10:14 pm

Two Valkyries with Steez AII
CLEANED AND READY to get back out there

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Wed May 17, 2023 3:22 pm

goldrod wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:14 pm
Two Valkyries with Steez AII
CLEANED AND READY to get back out there
Oh snap!!!

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu May 18, 2023 3:07 am

I'd have dove. Our White River in North AR is so cold though. Deep summer our lakes are comfortable to swim, but even at its hottest, the White River is COLD. I leaned in one November to get back a Vision 110, just my shoulder submerged and cheek kept touching the water, and I swear it felt frostbitten for a bit I got so cold.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu May 18, 2023 4:09 am

Yeah man just be careful
Sometimes when we are pushed for time and we finally get out there we don’t slow down. One of the joys of being out there is being away from the fast paced life we live.
Thank God that I will be out there again in the near future hopefully the weekend