SD's Garage Sale

ezcue
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

SD's Garage Sale

Post by ezcue » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:01 pm

You know, I've been thinking.... If SD ever has a garage sale, I may have to buy a plane ticket to SF..it could be worth it. I mean a self proclaimed, high end tackle junky like himself must have scads of cool stuff ( rubbing my hands together in anticipation)!! :P :twisted: \:D/

Seriously, I heard you mention that you had some reels that needed "liberating". I am looking for a couple more lefty models. I am not really sure what I am after, something along the lines of a CU101B ish?? I am a Shimano guy all the way but if you have something you need to move, I am interested. :lol: I would like to try some of the "Japan" stuff and see for myself if it is that much better. :wink:

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: SD's Garage Sale

Post by sdesign » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:54 am

LOL Ezcue,

What's your budget? ;)

lol - check your inbox

SD

ezcue
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ezcue » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:05 am

Checked my box, no teaser?? :lol: Nothing is coming up in my inbox.
Hurry man!!!! Now you have me all anxious, LMAO :D :D "Oh what could it be?????"

As to my budget, if I like it...the budget kinda goes out the window, MUAHAHAHAH!! I really have no clue where the japanese stuff runs, I can get into a CU101B for $110ish. Unfortunately, this tackle junky thing is catching and I may really "go off" if it's all shiny and anodized. :twisted:

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by sdesign » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:08 am

EZcue,

I'll send again.. give me a sec. I was cleaning up my mail box and apparently, if you delete your "outbox", you delete the message?

SD

chavez
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by chavez » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:52 am

ezcue wrote:Checked my box, no teaser?? :lol: Nothing is coming up in my inbox.
Hurry man!!!! Now you have me all anxious, LMAO :D :D "Oh what could it be?????"

As to my budget, if I like it...the budget kinda goes out the window, MUAHAHAHAH!! I really have no clue where the japanese stuff runs, I can get into a CU101B for $110ish. Unfortunately, this tackle junky thing is catching and I may really "go off" if it's all shiny and anodized. :twisted:
You gotta check out e-bay then. I lost out on a bid for my fifth Shimano Metanium XT lefty (Japanese souped up version of Chronarch SF) by $1 cuz the auction closed when I had a doctor's appt on Friday. :evil: :evil: It ended at $121.50. :cry: I usually get those reels for $150 or less and they beat a Chronarch SF or CU101 in my book for the price. They're used of course but all of the ones I've picked up have functioned perfectly.

Zman
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Zman » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:17 pm

I don't understand these Ebay offers. I've seen Quantum Energy's "NIB" for next to nothing. I just can't trust any. I have this feeling that I'll get the reel and the entire innards - gears, bearings and all, will be stripped and replaced with Shakepear parts.

JapanReels
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JapanReels » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:24 pm

nah.. ebay is cool. just check your feedbacks and email the seller and keep good communications. I got great deals off ebay and turn to them as my main source for fishing gear.

ezcue
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ezcue » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:20 pm

nah.. ebay is cool. just check your feedbacks and email the seller and keep good communications. I got great deals off ebay and turn to them as my main source for fishing gear.
I used to use E-bay for a lot of things, till I hit that magic dollar mark where they hit you with the "you must get verefied" B.S. No chance I am giving ANYBODY my checking account info!! :evil: Nowadays, I just cruise through and check the market for used and NIB stuff to get a feel for what it is going for in the "real world". 8)

septik
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by septik » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:19 am

Isn't eBay verification used only for sellers, or do we all have to "get verified" sooner or later? With the stories of information theft from these big online companies, I'm with you, ezcue. They can pry my checking account number from my cold, dead, baitcaster crippled hand.

--Casey

chavez
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by chavez » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:00 am

septik wrote:Isn't eBay verification used only for sellers, or do we all have to "get verified" sooner or later? With the stories of information theft from these big online companies, I'm with you, ezcue. They can pry my checking account number from my cold, dead, baitcaster crippled hand.

--Casey

PayPal Verification is used by sellers and buyers. Sometimes, sellers don't want to upgrade their PayPal account in order to accept credit cards as they get charged a fee for each transaction so they only accept PayPal transfers from verified users that use a checking account which is no charge to them.

What I did was open up a separate checking account with like a $25 minimal deposit and no monthly fees at a well known bank just for PayPal. I then deposit a check from my main checking acct at my main bank to cover expected payouts. I have my American Express card on PayPal to use most of the time when PayPal backed by checking account is not required for a purchase.

I guess y'all must never purchase anything with credit cards over the phone, online, or at any local store because even then you run some risk. But I don't blame y'all for being wary of giving out financial information. I myself shred all my documents and junk mail at home.

septik
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by septik » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:18 am

Thanks chavez, good idea on the extra account. I give my CC info out alot online without too much worry due to it's fraud protection, but I don't even want to think about someone draining one of my checking accounts.

--Casey

chavez
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by chavez » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:29 am

septik wrote:Thanks chavez, good idea on the extra account. I give my CC info out alot online without too much worry due to it's fraud protection, but I don't even want to think about someone draining one of my checking accounts.

--Casey
Say, after you set up the account, give me the checking account # and routing #. I have a Nigerian royal prince friend that e-mailed me saying he needs to transfer some bucks... JUST KIDDING!! :lol:

I can't stand those scammers :evil: . I saw this recent article of one that got scammed himself. Pretty funny. :twisted:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3887493.stm

JapanReels
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JapanReels » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:38 am

I agree with Chavez to have extra eyes on your transactions. As long as you are a smart buyer with your credit card, I see no risks because Paypal is not some stupid company that doesn't know what is going on. I have had a fraud buy from this idiot that didn't send me my item and they returned my money with NO QUESTIONS in 10 days. CC is also insured if you carry major names. I have had no issues whatsoever. Just to give ebay buyers a confidence booster, PAYPAL was bought out by ebay and the reason why I know this is because my friend works for them and they have a huge security team built. When shopping online the things you need to do is print out all transactional forms for documentation, confirm business phone number and address and you should be ok. During my years shopping online I have never had any issues. I even buy stuff from japan with no issues. :lol:

IdahoJoe
Angler
Angler

Post by IdahoJoe » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:29 am

I’ve had great luck on Ebay buying tackle. Really, my luck has been too good. The last time I was on, I won 8 auctions for huge savings on some fishing tackle. I was so pleased. My wife was somewhat less than pleased. No more Ebay for bad Joe until I get our credit cards paid off. Until then at least I have the pawnshops. Pawnshops are really hit or miss, but you can find some great deals on fully loaded tackle boxes. I know I own about 15 of them.

JapanReels
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JapanReels » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:38 am

Another happy Ebayer!! I love ebay!!! \:D/