Costa deal mar sunglasses

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Costa deal mar sunglasses

Post by Real Pudd legend » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:26 pm

Looking to buy a pair and wondering if you have any suggestions on the model . Kinda have a wide face so need something that will fit lol

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Costa deal mar sunglasses

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:45 pm

FISCH are wide but dont give the best coverage.
PERMIT give good coverage but arent as wide as FISCH but might be worth trying on.
FANTAIL small pass on those

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:13 pm

Thankyou so much for the info , much appreciated . My face is a little bit wider than the Rayban wayfares so the spy rectangular ones fit well. The Oakley are just a bit small

Il go to the local bass pro and try those Costas on

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:53 am

I like Fisch as I'm on my 2nd pair. They fit my big head well :D My only complaint is that the rubber around the bottom of frame loosens and detaches after about 18 months.

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:44 am

Got a pair of the Costa Cortez glass lens with Amber silver Mirrow new for $100 couldn't pass them up and they look and feel great . The air vents are a pretty cool thing.

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:18 am

Real Pudd legend wrote:Got a pair of the Costa Cortez glass lens with Amber silver Mirrow new for $100 couldn't pass them up and they look and feel great . The air vents are a pretty cool thing.
The 2015 catalogue says the 580G comes in amber AND silver mirror . Which ones do you have?

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:25 am

Saw them yesterday at the BIG ROCK SPORTS SHOW in Mississauga . Tried some on . I asked the rep why they dont make them in photochromic glass lenses , and she told me the photochromic lenses have the photochromic effect " wears out " in about 2 years. Does anyone who wears photochromic lenses noticed this happening to their lenses?

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:10 am

I have no idea what that is but I'll search it up . I was toggling between a few different brands for better than average polarized fishing lens (specifically) . Looked at the Oakleys, Kaenons , Cocoons , you name it . Tried on at least 20 glasses that were name brand . My buddy is an Oakley from and said the lends will start to peel after a while , that was already a no for me lol. Kaenons were ok but when I picked up the Costas it was a different feel and vision enhancement I have not felt before . Super comfortable , light weight glass lens compared to most and the lens was super clear . It was hard for me not to choose them . Plus I see a huge number of anglers from the weekender to the tournament pros using them and have nothing but high raves to them. great job Costa ....

HookSetDon
Angler
Angler

Post by HookSetDon » Sun May 01, 2016 3:23 am

Didn't want to hijack your thread but regarding the lens color, what's the difference between having a straight copper lens vs a copper base with mirrored finish?

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Sun May 01, 2016 10:44 pm

No worries lol I purchased the Costa Cortez with glass and copper mirror , I feel Like the mirror reflects differently when sight fishing . Kinda reduces the glare I would assume