Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:39 pm
BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:38 pm
Slazmo wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:39 pm
You talking these kind of "trucks"...

IMG_20200821_052946.jpg
IMG_20200821_053047.jpg

Caught these two Mall Crawling here in Aus. Seriously overdone in all aspects, not useful for us other than d*ck wagging rights.
Yep lots of American trucks getting around up north as well. Dodge Rams being the most popular, but seeing quite a few Chevs around as well. I can see the reason for the ram being so popular as its cheaper than a 200 series cruiser, on par with a 79 series and has greater load capabilities than both so makes for a great touring vehicle to load up and travel. But yes plenty are just show boats with no intention of loading up getting off-road.
Yet I can easily make do with my Mitsubishi Challenger (Montero Sport on other side of pacific) and its relatively small 2.5 Litre diesel. load up my family of 4 and go camping.

not only bigger but faster as well
Which makes me wonder why when we have Tesla. Out of curiosity, have you seen any electric cars or trucks over on your side of the world?
You mentioned camping and I've never been. Im not afraid but I sleep with the lights on..At all times at all locations where I find myself sleeping. Do you guys sleep in a tent or do you tow a RV to the camp site?
As I live in the north of the country where populations aren't huge EV's aren't popular yet but there is quite a few hybrids about with Toyota leading the market. Prius is very popular with taxis.
Camping with my family involves tents and swags (tent and mattress in one) have looked at a camper trailer but that is a big expense to have just sitting about and to store somewhere, would mean my boat would have to go so that answers that question. But there is many camper trailers and caravans at the camp sites along with utes(trucks) set up for camping out of the tray/bed just check out some of the many Aussie YouTube channels dedicated to offroading and camping, ( 4wd247, patriot games, Ronny Dahl, etc)

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Truck Wars!!! Reel BattLes

Post by Sore Thumb » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:22 am

goldrod wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:39 pm
BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:38 pm
Slazmo wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:39 pm
You talking these kind of "trucks"...

IMG_20200821_052946.jpg
IMG_20200821_053047.jpg

Caught these two Mall Crawling here in Aus. Seriously overdone in all aspects, not useful for us other than d*ck wagging rights.
Yep lots of American trucks getting around up north as well. Dodge Rams being the most popular, but seeing quite a few Chevs around as well. I can see the reason for the ram being so popular as its cheaper than a 200 series cruiser, on par with a 79 series and has greater load capabilities than both so makes for a great touring vehicle to load up and travel. But yes plenty are just show boats with no intention of loading up getting off-road.
Yet I can easily make do with my Mitsubishi Challenger (Montero Sport on other side of pacific) and its relatively small 2.5 Litre diesel. load up my family of 4 and go camping.

not only bigger but faster as well
Which makes me wonder why when we have Tesla. Out of curiosity, have you seen any electric cars or trucks over on your side of the world?
You mentioned camping and I've never been. Im not afraid but I sleep with the lights on..At all times at all locations where I find myself sleeping. Do you guys sleep in a tent or do you tow a RV to the camp site?
In Australia,the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid has just been announced as the biggest selling vehicle, Overtook the Toyota Hilux in sales .