Tennis elbow...

bassmaster_flex
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Tennis elbow...

Post by bassmaster_flex » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:54 am

sucks. Started experiencing some pain last fall while casting, top of my elbow running down to my wrist. It gets worse with every cast. Had to stop fishing for a month. Any ideas on how to alleviate this pain and continue fishing? I have a wrist brace that helps but it’s bulky and awkward to fish with; reel with left hand, rod in right. I can still pull my bow pain free so that’s good.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Tennis elbow...

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:58 am

Try balancing your rods with weight at the butt. Adding weight sounds counter-intuitive, I know, but it worked for me. The pain I had was from the constant pressure I had to apply to keep the rod tip up. The balanced combo made my hand the "fulcrum of the pendulum", which really took a lot of the torque off my wrist and elbow.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Tennis elbow...

Post by slipperybob » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:33 pm

The last time I had tennis elbow I couldn't even turn the knob on the door and sometimes just pushing the door sent pain shocks through my arm. All I know is that rest and time, about three months later it finally healed and went away. That was about some ten years ago. For myself, doing like static flexes helped me through it. No weights.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish