COFFEE....!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: COFFEE....!

Post by goldrod » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:42 pm

uljersey wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:52 am
Rules of coffee …. If it has whipped cream/caramel or chocolate drizzles in it, it’s NOT coffee it’s dessert.
:lol: :lol:
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:50 pm

uljersey wrote:
Rules of coffee …. If it has whipped cream/caramel or chocolate drizzles in it, it’s NOT coffee it’s dessert.
:roll:

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:41 pm

uljersey wrote:
I usually skip the whip.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:48 am

I had some authentic Turkish coffee this morning
It was an experience that once is good
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:30 am

Can’t live without coffee. Pretty sure the brain needs it to stay wet. And I’m not picky, been sipping since percolators from childhood. And I don’t get the idea of decaf. What’s the point? Just simple regular roast for me. None of this ‘bold’ industry trick to get people spending more either. They roast it to oblivion, burning away caffeine, in the end you need three cups to match one regular. The longer a bean roasts, the less caffeine remains. Most don't realize this.
PEACE

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:58 am

GOOD YEAR 71 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:30 am
Can’t live without coffee. Pretty sure the brain needs it to stay wet. And I’m not picky, been sipping since percolators from childhood. And I don’t get the idea of decaf. What’s the point? Just simple regular roast for me. None of this ‘bold’ industry trick to get people spending more either. They roast it to oblivion, burning away caffeine, in the end you need three cups to match one regular. The longer a bean roasts, the less caffeine remains. Most don't realize this.
Something I certainly was not aware of. Thanks

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:53 am

GOOD YEAR 71 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:30 am
I have never thought how much there is caffeine in coffee, but I have found that if 1/4 gallon of coffee don't cheer me up enough, then I must drink another 1/4 gallon. In Dark Roast is more taste and therefore I prefer those.

But valid point: Seems that caffeine boiling point is 352 °F and coffee roasting temperature is from 370 to 540 °F.

Still right now I have my 1/8 gallon (dark roasted) coffee cup - it's my morning meal :)

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:29 am

5-10 cups a day.
Black. No sugar.
Any coffee will do, but at home I use a Sage Espresso machine and organic newly roasted beans. Still, I can live with freeze dried 🥳

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:20 am

I used to drink about 3 K-cups a day. Started having bad anxiety and horrible racy heart feeling about 3 years ago so I quit. Now I drink one espresso shot in the morning (from a Nespresso original machine). About 120mg once versus about 180mg 3 times a day. Sad thing is it made no difference on anxiety/heart racing. I had less anxiety years ago drinking tons of coffee but have gotten myself convinced extra caffeine will give me issues now.

Either way, I really suggest the Nespresso machines, the original is great for small drinks/shots and the Vertuo makes a huge, extremely strong/caffeinated cup of coffee...

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:11 am

In my adult life, I have had one ~month pause for drinking coffee. Before that I was really heavy user. Interesting that, stopping drinking coffee after serious heavy drinking, I had some strange effects. I would say a mild psychedelic effects and for other hand some reality check :D Headache was horrible for 3...4 days and sleeping was really bad... :lol: Stopping to smoke tobacco actually was easier for me than having coffee pause...

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:41 am

jvelth74 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:11 am
In my adult life, I have had one ~month pause for drinking coffee. Before that I was really heavy user. Interesting that, stopping drinking coffee after serious heavy drinking, I had some strange effects. I would say a mild psychedelic effects and for other hand some reality check :D Headache was horrible for 3...4 days and sleeping was really bad... :lol: Stopping to smoke tobacco actually was easier for me than having coffee pause...
As a past bad addict to opiods, tobacco is hard to quit too. It doesn't make you sick, and doesn't feel like you are going to die for weeks, but it is so readily available you just go get more (cigarettes, dip, vape, etc.). Hard to stop an addiction when it is so readily available.
Caffeine at first helped me get through. A cup of coffee in the morning makes me so happy now, just feels good. It amazes me all the things I have done and taken but now I am weary of even too much caffeine or ibuprofen affecting me negatively...