Rod Shipping

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Rod Shipping

Post by goldrod » Fri May 27, 2022 12:47 pm

I hope you don’t have the same experience as I did.
It really pushed me to the ledge of insanity.

I had been at work and working late but prepped the day before and was ready to go after work to mail off some recently sold rods.
I walked into the USPS and with one glance the clerks said we can take that. I asked why and they say because we cant. one of them said it was due to the size of the pvc pipe. I felt as if it was one of those, "we are too close to closing and not about to be bothered with that" type of situations. So I asked what was the shipping size restrictions so that I know for next time. I was rattle off something that sounded good but still gave me doubt and I just said.. for get it within myself and left.

Next day I went to a fedex Drop off place. Immediately the same thing we cant accept that. Now I only came to this particular location because I've mailed several rods from it in the past. So wit the we cant accept that , the reason was because its a safety hazard. And now I'm like ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) but Im trying to keep a positive attitude although its rapidly deteriorating..
So in comes this lady and she's echoing the first about safety hazards and I explain how i've mailed from this location before and how the process went.To no avail were they shipping anything so I left and called Fedex.
:-({|= :-({|= ](*,) ](*,) :crying: :crying: Trying to get an actual human on the phone was so hard like it was hard. At this point I just wanted to take my chances and walk through traffic when I play around and get someone on the phone. I was transferred THREE TIMES BEFORE BEING DISCONNECTED. I was handed some information before the disconnect and walked back into the facility with that information. Essentially FedEx wanted to know WHY they couldn't accept the package. This time I was confronted with the manager and his walk indicated to me that this had the potential to become something bigger. With all that has been going I didn't want to trigger anyone. After explaining the entire situation he was like YES WE CAN SHIP YOUR PACKAGES, if our system is up and its been down all day :strface: :strface:
in all honesty i just said to myself, even if they accept the packages they will just give them some special treatment. so i left
While at work Wifey tried a different USPS and they too would not accept the PVC tubes.
She ended up going to the FedEx distribution center and they gladly accepted the packages with an average fee of $45

So if you are looking to ship, you may be better served to goto your nearest distribution center
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hmnginmn
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Rod Shipping

Post by hmnginmn » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:28 am

What a headache. I shipped a rod earlier in the year. Did my usual click n ship with the correct measurements with USPS. Shipped the rod for under 30 bucks insured like I usually do, same tube length and everything. A couple weeks later I get hit with a $150 charge for "incorrect measurement" and "size" of package. I tried to fight the charge but was obviously denied. Oh yeah I was fuming...
Long live the Jerkbait

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:14 pm

hmnginmn wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:28 am
What a headache. I shipped a rod earlier in the year. Did my usual click n ship with the correct measurements with USPS. Shipped the rod for under 30 bucks insured like I usually do, same tube length and everything. A couple weeks later I get hit with a $150 charge for "incorrect measurement" and "size" of package. I tried to fight the charge but was obviously denied. Oh yeah I was fuming...
Same thing happened to me but by some miracle mine was reversed. Shipping rods close to 8’ now is a pure headache nevermind anything at or over 8’.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:18 pm

I once tried to ship a rod that long
Nearly fainted at the price
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible