Censorship

tincanary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Censorship

Post by tincanary » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:20 am

I know the site in question. I called out one of the mods for trying to sell a rig of his, used mind you, for far more than one could purchase the exact same rig brand new. My post was promptly deleted and he PMed me some nasty stuff and issued a warning for breaking the rules. Whichever rule I broke isn't listed anywhere on the site. He clearly had buyers remorse over this rig but at the same time he wanted to capitalize on that which isn't right in my book. I reported it to the site owner and the guy still holds his moderator title and the rig is still for sale waiting for the uninitiated to take the bait. I mod a more local hunting and fishing forum and if that sort of stuff went on there that mod would be outright banned.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:48 am

I have always wondered why it is necessary for that site to block access for Europeans. I can only access when in the US or through VPN, not that I frequent the site...

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:47 am

tincanary wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:20 am
I know the site in question. I called out one of the mods for trying to sell a rig of his, used mind you, for far more than one could purchase the exact same rig brand new. My post was promptly deleted and he PMed me some nasty stuff and issued a warning for breaking the rules. Whichever rule I broke isn't listed anywhere on the site. He clearly had buyers remorse over this rig but at the same time he wanted to capitalize on that which isn't right in my book. I reported it to the site owner and the guy still holds his moderator title and the rig is still for sale waiting for the uninitiated to take the bait. I mod a more local hunting and fishing forum and if that sort of stuff went on there that mod would be outright banned.
He probably purposely overpriced it to circumvent the “No bump” rule on that forum … he could incrementally edit the thread to lower the price at will thus automatically placing his post on the first page. Of course nobody else would be able to do that without getting their pee pee smacked … “Rules for thee, not for me”

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:45 am

tincanary wrote:
I'm pretty sure I know the combo in question :). I also know about the 'tard....I just didn't know why he changed his name.

I frown on the mods pushing stuff they get free and would never pay for. You have blue collar mods using cheap combos with tatsu.

tincanary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tincanary » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:59 am

KP Duty wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:45 am

I'm pretty sure I know the combo in question :). I also know about the 'tard....I just didn't know why he changed his name.

I frown on the mods pushing stuff they get free and would never pay for. You have blue collar mods using cheap combos with tatsu.
I don't even know if he got the combo free. He was all giddy about getting it. Mind you, it is JDM gear and the reel he wants $500 something for and the rod nearly the same. I pointed out that one could get both at the time of his listing for about $650 at the exchange rate at the time. He's asking almost $1000 for the combo :roll:

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:07 am

tincanary wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:59 am
KP Duty wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:45 am

I don't even know if he got the combo free. He was all giddy about getting it. Mind you, it is JDM gear and the reel he wants $500 something for and the rod nearly the same. I pointed out that one could get both at the time of his listing for about $650 at the exchange rate at the time. He's asking almost $1000 for the combo :roll:
He paid for the combo in question...I was making a separate point about free stuff they push, which is mainly St. Croix, Strike King, Seaguar, and Okuma.

tincanary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tincanary » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:31 am

KP Duty wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:07 am
He paid for the combo in question...I was making a separate point about free stuff they push, which is mainly St. Croix, Strike King, Seaguar, and Okuma.
Oh yeah that's right, I misunderstood you, my bad.

There are plenty of cool members on there but the staff and ownership are very full of themselves. I've gotten into it with a few mods over PM on occasion. Mostly for recommending gear and stores that aren't sponsors. They also got upset when I replied in a "what do you do for a living" thread and mentioned I run a reel service and they threatened me for pimping my business without paying sponsorship fees. I never displayed any of my branding or even what the name of my business was, but man were they quick to jump on me for that.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:36 am

uljersey wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:47 am
tincanary wrote:
He probably purposely overpriced it to circumvent the “No bump” rule on that forum … he could incrementally edit the thread to lower the price at will thus automatically placing his post on the first page. Of course nobody else would be able to do that without getting their pee pee smacked … “Rules for thee, not for me”

If it’s the rig I think you’re talking about, he must have been enjoying adult beverages when he first listed it! It’s no fire sale price now!

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:58 am

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:06 pm

Are we speaking of the C eh N eh D eh "ban all freedom truckers" site or the B-arse Reeee Source one?!?
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:08 pm

LowRange wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:49 pm
Eventually the ban can no longer recognize your IP and you can create a new account there with a burner email if your are a phone poster. Thats what I did and just pretend to be retarded to fit in.
LMAO...dat's funny right thar! :lol:
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:56 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:06 pm
Are we speaking of the C eh N eh D eh "ban all freedom truckers" site or the B-arse Reeee Source one?!?
There are many of them to count

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:17 pm

Johnny A wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:56 pm
dragon1 wrote:
There are many of them to count
Yeppers...sadly da TRUTH.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:41 am

dragon1 wrote:
At the first you barely hear yourself thinking above the goose-stepping. It's the place where original thinking goes to die :lol:

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:29 pm

Johnny A wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:41 am
dragon1 wrote:
At the first you barely hear yourself thinking above the goose-stepping. It's the place where original thinking goes to die :lol:
Same-same throughout history...