A Little Bit of Everything

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

A Little Bit of Everything

Post by goldrod » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:47 pm

From rods to reels to spools this has a bit of everything in it.

For reference I have been playing with the idea of a PERFECT fluke rod ( was using a D Shad by Yamamoto ) and so I grab my Daiwa Racing Design Texas rig Special rod, IS79, SV105 spool and 12lb test. This rod is a good rod and the IS79 compliments the rod in my opinion. What I have found is that the old SV spools dont like any side to side play and you have to use the CCC to eliminate the side to side play. I turn the brake knob to 3 and sling this little getter out there. The rod is very sensitive but I think it lack power but i tend to use heavier power rods so I have noticed and thats been a misnomer for me. Anyways
Great set up however I think I will go with a 4/0 gammy hook because I am using light line

I man have a specific fluke rod built later this year. I am a fan of the TRS rod but what i really would like is a shimano equivalent rod. will admit that I dont twitch the bait or rip jerk it as much as I see others do, i am more of a lift drop shimmy
i feel like i get better bites that way and ripping gets my line tangled.

i Now for those of you who on the daiwa bottom Contact II rod , i will have you know that a Steez HLC tw reel that most people hate ( i am waiting to catch a few on the low low price wise. I think its the opposite of the sv103xs which was a zillion frame that took standard steez size spool and this steez hlc tw takes the OG zillion size spools) Anyways, the steez hlc tw with an og zillion hlc spool is everything you will ever want or need in a combo. I dare say the were made for love. the epitome of a power couple...lol. you can do so much with this combo and you wont mind the weight. i have tried several spools in this reel and this is the spool i am going with for multiple lures and weights.

As of late i have been looking for a frog reel for my og XBD rod and I have morethans and some other great candidates but the shimano core MG 7 has always been the perfect reel for me

I dont hear a lot about KTF spool here and i beleive they have there place as they give you alot of what you want and need and none of what you dont
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: A Little Bit of Everything

Post by goldrod » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:05 pm

Anyone drop a silver wolf spool in a different reel?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible