New Poison Glorious

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Poison Glorious

Post by City17Banner » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:30 pm

rocketsurgeon wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:19 pm
Those Seditions look deluxe, looks like I'm headed down another rabbit hole. Thank you Sir!
They are without a doubt the best crankbait casting rods I have ever used! It's taken me two fishing seasons to finally acquire four of them for my two bass boats and I couldn't be more pleased!

Good luck with sourcing the Sedition White Falcon, it's a fantastic crankbait rod! =D>
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:31 am

City17Banner wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:30 pm
rocketsurgeon wrote:
Those Seditions look deluxe, looks like I'm headed down another rabbit hole. Thank you Sir!
They are without a doubt the best crankbait casting rods I have ever used! It's taken me two fishing seasons to finally acquire four of them for my two bass boats and I couldn't be more pleased!

Good luck with sourcing the Sedition White Falcon, it's a fantastic crankbait rod! =D>
If you like the white falcon you should definitely check out the EG SFX Cougar elite 7. Performance wise I like it as much if not more. 8-)

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:57 am

domthewon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:31 am
City17Banner wrote:
rocketsurgeon wrote:

If you like the white falcon you should definitely check out the EG SFX Cougar elite 7. Performance wise I like it as much if not more. 8-)
Thank you for your recommendation, Dom! In true TT fashion, I have one on the way from Kazumi and the good folks at JDMTH.com since the rod was in stock and anything that you like as much at the Sedition White Falcon is well worth my time and expense to try out for the trophy smallmouth bass on Chequamegon Bay this fall.

I can't imagine how great the EG Couger Elite 7 must be if it matches up to or exceeds the White Falcon's capabilities and feel in your on-the-water experience. Regardless, there are always fantastic JDM casting rods waiting in the wings for me to try out. :big grin:

How else would I ever have found out that the EG Black Raven Extreme is more sensitive than my Daiwa Steez Racing Design RD 610ML+ Shallow Cover Finesse rod. :whistle:

Although my new 22 Poison Ultima 1611ML+ is certainly giving both rods a run for their money in the sensitivity department right now. We'll see how it all shakes out as the fall smallmouth bass fishing season warms up here in the North Woods very shortly!

Now I just have to order yet another Shimano 21 Antares DC from Komatsu and the kind folks at JLS along with more Keitech Crankin' Football Jigs for all those offshore west basin rock formations on Chequamegon Bay!

Please have a great day!

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:21 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:57 am
domthewon wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
rocketsurgeon wrote:

Thank you for your recommendation, Dom! In true TT fashion, I have one on the way from Kazumi and the good folks at JDMTH.com since the rod was in stock and anything that you like as much at the Sedition White Falcon is well worth my time and expense to try out for the trophy smallmouth bass on Chequamegon Bay this fall.

I can't imagine how great the EG Couger Elite 7 must be if it matches up to or exceeds the White Falcon's capabilities and feel in your on-the-water experience. Regardless, there are always fantastic JDM casting rods waiting in the wings for me to try out. :big grin:

How else would I ever have found out that the EG Black Raven Extreme is more sensitive than my Daiwa Steez Racing Design RD 610ML+ Shallow Cover Finesse rod. :whistle:

Although my new 22 Poison Ultima 1611ML+ is certainly giving both rods a run for their money in the sensitivity department right now. We'll see how it all shakes out as the fall smallmouth bass fishing season warms up here in the North Woods very shortly!

Now I just have to order yet another Shimano 21 Antares DC from Komatsu and the kind folks at JLS along with more Keitech Crankin' Football Jigs for all those offshore west basin rock formations on Chequamegon Bay!

Please have a great day!
Wow, I have been buying JDM reels since the early 2000's. Now is the time I guess to start exploring more of the rod options.
Has anyone used the Megabass F5.5-72ti Super Diablo Type-L for deep cranking? Thank you very much my fellow enablers.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:14 pm

City17Banner wrote:
domthewon wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
rocketsurgeon wrote:

Please have a great day!
Right on glad I can help out, and the rods I’ve recommended are as good to you as they are to me. I love my ultimas also the newer models are much more sensitive than the first gen. Let me know what you think of the Cougar in comparison to the falcon after you get it on the water. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Have a great day as well.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:26 pm

domthewon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:14 pm
City17Banner wrote:
domthewon wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
rocketsurgeon wrote:

Please have a great day!
Right on glad I can help out, and the rods I’ve recommended are as good to you as they are to me. I love my ultimas also the newer models are much more sensitive than the first gen. Let me know what you think of the Cougar in comparison to the falcon after you get it on the water. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Have a great day as well.
I'm waiting on a new 22 Steez Fire Wolf too so it's going to be a busy fall smallmouth bass fishing season, but I'll report back what I find out as I truly enjoy fishing with all of my high-end JDM gear.

If only the smallmouth bass would get off the deep rock structure bite, then I could use another rod besides my EG Rapid Gunner RSR all the time for my football jigs. :big grin:

Once we get a few colder nights, the smallmouth bass will start transitioning to their winter basin holding areas and then the deep crankbait bite will be great, at least, until the snow flies! :doh:

Please have a great day!

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:20 pm

rocketsurgeon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:21 pm
City17Banner wrote:
domthewon wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
rocketsurgeon wrote:

Please have a great day!
Wow, I have been buying JDM reels since the early 2000's. Now is the time I guess to start exploring more of the rod options.
Has anyone used the Megabass F5.5-72ti Super Diablo Type-L for deep cranking? Thank you very much my fellow enablers.
I have the Super diablo type L, but I’m not much of a deep cranking guy. I have used it with MB vatalions, bigger square bills, 3/4oz lipless cranks rippin grass, 1/2oz chatter with trailer, 3/4oz dark sleepers and it handled them very well. Not sure what cranks you would be casting, but It’s rated to 1oz and the rating is accurate for this rod. The taper is just about right for what you’re looking to do, and it has a good backbone. I think the weight limit might be the only drawback in your case. I have an MB IP79 limited on mine and it’s a fun rod. I don’t pull that combo out often enough, but it’s one of the nicest to look at. Hopefully this helps you.

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:26 pm

domthewon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:20 pm
rocketsurgeon wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
domthewon wrote:
City17Banner wrote:

Please have a great day!
I have the Super diablo type L, but I’m not much of a deep cranking guy. I have used it with MB vatalions, bigger square bills, 3/4oz lipless cranks rippin grass, 1/2oz chatter with trailer, 3/4oz dark sleepers and it handled them very well. Not sure what cranks you would be casting, but It’s rated to 1oz and the rating is accurate for this rod. The taper is just about right for what you’re looking to do, and it has a good backbone. I think the weight limit might be the only drawback in your case. I have an MB IP79 limited on mine and it’s a fun rod. I don’t pull that combo out often enough, but it’s one of the nicest to look at. Hopefully this helps you.
Thanks, I too enjoy looking at nice things. The general idea is for my wife and I to head out and hit the spot lock, I'll be leisurely deep cranking while she is sunbathing.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:47 pm

rocketsurgeon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:26 pm
domthewon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:20 pm
rocketsurgeon wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
domthewon wrote:

Please have a great day!
Thanks, I too enjoy looking at nice things. The general idea is for my wife and I to head out and hit the spot lock, I'll be leisurely deep cranking while she is sunbathing.
Nothing wrong with that. Enjoy!

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:11 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:26 pm
domthewon wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
domthewon wrote:
City17Banner wrote:

Please have a great day!
I'm waiting on a new 22 Steez Fire Wolf too so it's going to be a busy fall smallmouth bass fishing season, but I'll report back what I find out as I truly enjoy fishing with all of my high-end JDM gear.

If only the smallmouth bass would get off the deep rock structure bite, then I could use another rod besides my EG Rapid Gunner RSR all the time for my football jigs. :big grin:

Once we get a few colder nights, the smallmouth bass will start transitioning to their winter basin holding areas and then the deep crankbait bite will be great, at least, until the snow flies! :doh:

Please have a great day!
I also just ordered the Fire Wolf from Kazu at Japan Angler! Ships out tomorrow :big grin:

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:26 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:11 pm
City17Banner wrote:
domthewon wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
domthewon wrote:

Please have a great day!

Please have a great day!
I also just ordered the Fire Wolf from Kazu at Japan Angler! Ships out tomorrow :big grin:
Awesome sir! May you catch a 22" smallmouth bass on your first cast! \:D/

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:57 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:26 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
domthewon wrote:
City17Banner wrote:

Please have a great day!

Please have a great day!
Received the Fire Wolf today. Feels fantastic and looks sharp. A medium light plus it is not. That top end one ounce rating is way over the top. It has just a touch more power with a little stiffer tip section than the Orion Lightning Strike. Not exactly what I was after, but it's definitely a keeper. Let me know what you think of yours once you receive it.

Fran87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Fran87 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:02 pm

Hi mates, Anyone could tell us if will there be a new Poison Glorious XC , the old one is sold out and without restock time, maybe are they planing to launch a 23 Poison Glorious Xtreme Cranking?

Thanks!

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:02 am

Fran87 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:02 pm
Hi mates, Anyone could tell us if will there be a new Poison Glorious XC , the old one is sold out and without restock time, maybe are they planing to launch a 23 Poison Glorious Xtreme Cranking?

Thanks!
Good question, I was able to order the 173MH-G but then had the order cancelled as OOS by JDMTH with an unknown future manufacture date. Looks like I may be looking elsewhere for a deep cranking solution. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:41 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:57 pm
City17Banner wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:26 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
domthewon wrote:

Please have a great day!
Received the Fire Wolf today. Feels fantastic and looks sharp. A medium light plus it is not. That top end one ounce rating is way over the top. It has just a touch more power with a little stiffer tip section than the Orion Lightning Strike. Not exactly what I was after, but it's definitely a keeper. Let me know what you think of yours once you receive it.
I arrived back home this afternoon and was able to unpack my four new JDM casting rods: my third Class S (new unused stock) Sedition Hooligan bottom contact rod, my third EG Rapid Gunner RSR bottom contact rod, the new Daiwa Steez Fire Wolf, and the new EG Couger Elite 7 RS.

My focus is on the two lighter rods as the two bottom contact rods are well known and appreciated by me after two fishing seasons and I have to say that both of the lighter rods are quite similar in taper and feel with a corresponding similarity to my two EG Orion ML+ Lightning Strikes and my two Shimano 22 Poison Ultima 1611ML+ casting rods.

They all feel and have similar tapers and all of them, with the exception of the EG Couger Elite 7 RS (136g), weigh right around 110g, and the similarities are too close to call without getting them out on the water and putting them through their paces. With the recent colder temperatures, I have been using both the Lightning Strike and Ultima 1611ML+ rods to present the 1/8oz Jackall Shaggy rubber jig with a 3" Hazedong Shad and 3" Deps Bull Flat as trailers and been doing well on smallmouth pods and small schools in isolated rock structures in 12-15ft of water last week.

I expect that the new Fire Wolf and Couger Elite 7 RS rods will allow me to have even more flexibility in presenting my lighter crankbaits and the incomparable 1/4oz Bottom Up Chibeeble spinnerbait as we head into the fall fishing season here in NW Wisconsin!

I'll report back with what I find out fishing these JDM gems next week when I head up to my cabin again.

Please have a great day!