UPS does it again

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
mojojojo7176
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: UPS does it again

Post by mojojojo7176 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:09 pm

This may be commn knowledge but what happens after you refuse to accept a damaged package. That is if you catch it before the guy speeds off. Does it go back to the place you bought it from and you get a new whatever you bought or what ?

shtuka
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by shtuka » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:13 am

Recently I received a rod from Cabelas. The tube was not broken, but the very tip of the rod was. UPS guy was already gone. I called Cabela’s, described what happened and they apologized and said they will send new rod OVERNIGHT and pick up the old one – for free! They did.

I have always been impressed with Cabela’s customer service and this is the reason why I predominantly buy from them – they firmly stand behind their products and services.
This may be commn knowledge but what happens after you refuse to accept a damaged package. That is if you catch it before the guy speeds off. Does it go back to the place you bought it from and you get a new whatever you bought or what ?
Once I refused the whole shipment from BPS, because it took them 21 days to ship it – most of the stuff was intended for my fishing trip and I was already back home.

Both, BPS and Cabela’s refund your account and do not ask questions if you refuse merchandise on the spot.

Vladimir_Kazan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Vladimir_Kazan » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:52 pm

I condole. It is very unpleasant...
Therefore I use only by express mail (EMS). I consider mail as such service, on which one it is impossible to save.
For us any most small changes (the violations of packing, change of weight) are put on record by EMS itself and dispatch simply will not donate without receiver's sign on the act.
The dispatchs are donated only in hands of the indicated addressee, the certificate of identity is required even at receiving at home.
As though mail employees have hurried, dissectings dispatch in their presence both check of an integrity and correspondence of contents never object.
To-regret, the couriers do not have habit to prevent by call about the arrival. And I do not like, when me wake up by a bell in a door... Therefore I prevent the operator about waiving of delivery by the courier and itself I pick up for dispatch in urban EMS centre in convenient for me time.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:49 am

Rods are easy to flatten...I recently ordered FAA approved GoPro harness, which is promoted as 'Epic protection', but it arrived lens broken and harness itself seems deformed...
https://thatadventurelife.com/2020/02/2 ... rotection/

Maybe I should order lithium batteries next time. Try to crush those :lol:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:03 am

There is one less Jackson Super Trickster STU-63UL BF in this world because my 1st one arrived shattered to bits from UPS.

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:13 am

My experience with UPS in the Bay area has been exceptional. Multiple rods individually shipped to me in the past month. Several more rods shipped to me via UPS over the past few years.

The UPS online website will display where the driver is currently located in close to real time. And on two occasions, I was able to find the driver, prior to arriving at my house, and with proper ID, the driver gave me my rod shipping tubes on both occasions.

It appears that UPS service will vary dependent upon location, so I wanted to make sure the entire company was characterized more accurately.

Regards,
Doc