biomaster 2500 test line?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
staten island angler
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

biomaster 2500 test line?

Post by staten island angler » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:29 pm

Hello fellow anglers this is my first post. I just purchased a 2500 shimano biomaster that im planning on using for dropshot and shaky head fishing i was wandering what size test line is best for this reel? I was thinking of using 8lbs test p-line flouro. I purchased a shimano compre 6'6 m action rod to match the reel. What do u guys think? Also this may be a dumb question but what are the 3 small washers that came in the box for?

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: biomaster 2500 test line?

Post by Nitroman77 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:40 pm

6-8lb should be fine. Im going to be using 6lb line for my Shakey heads with a 1/8th or lil more hook and whatever bait I decide to use. I also prefer a longer rod 6'9" or 10" since I fish in deeper water and I need more leverage and a soft tip to fight the fish with the lighter line.
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

tj1004
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by tj1004 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:20 pm

P-Line Flouroclear in 6lb. is my favorite line on the Biomaster 2500

BillyBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BillyBass » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:28 pm

The washers are to adjust the line lay on your spool, you just take the spool off and add one or two or all three washers, supposedly it moves the line lay up front for best use with Flouro lines.

HellaBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HellaBass » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:00 am

BillyBass wrote:The washers are to adjust the line lay on your spool, you just take the spool off and add one or two or all three washers, supposedly it moves the line lay up front for best use with Flouro lines.
Say what??? Can you explanin a little more?

RichLindgren.com
Rich's Bassin' Blog
Bass Tackle Blog
http://RichLindgren.com

BillyBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BillyBass » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:20 am

HB,

It's in the manual, but, in the case of a Biomaster you can't read the corresponding description to the diagrams, my Stradic MG came with them too though, so it shows you how to improve line lay for better flow off the reel, to tell you the truth, I couldn't tell any difference and have gotten away from Floro on spinning reels, now I use either mono or co poly, depending on what I'm using it for, of course you may feel it's worth the headaches to adjust the line lay and that it works better for you, it wasn't for me though.

LOBINAKING
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by LOBINAKING » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:35 pm

BillyBass wrote:HB,

It's in the manual, but, in the case of a Biomaster you can't read the corresponding description to the diagrams, my Stradic MG came with them too though, so it shows you how to improve line lay for better flow off the reel, to tell you the truth, I couldn't tell any difference and have gotten away from Floro on spinning reels, now I use either mono or co poly, depending on what I'm using it for, of course you may feel it's worth the headaches to adjust the line lay and that it works better for you, it wasn't for me though.
Hey BillyBass,

I too have wondered about these washers, I bought a Sephia and it included a bag with like 6 or 7 of these and heard what you describe above but wasn't really sure how it worked. Could you possibly scan the Stradic's MGF manual, specifically the section that mentions this or could you post what it states. Thanks.

BillyBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BillyBass » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:59 pm

The manual says to use less washers to move the line lay forward to use Floro line, it mentions that it's optimized for an even line lay, but, does Not say if you remove anything already on the stack, it shows the line lay forward, also says to add washers to get the line lay back, however, it doesn't say what line or application that would be for, I'm sorry I don't have a scanner or fax, or I could help out more. :oops:

Icefisher15
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Icefisher15 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:48 am

I scanned the part of the manual that describes and shows this for you. Just click on the image then maximize that screen to make it easier to read.

LOBINAKING
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by LOBINAKING » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:56 pm

Thanks Icefisher15, that's exactly what i was looking for.

Icefisher15
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Icefisher15 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:26 pm

No problem, glad I could help.

HellaBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HellaBass » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:01 am

Ditto on the thanks IceFisher, this will help, my BioMaster directions are little hard to read for me ;)

RichLindgren.com
Rich's Bassin' Blog
Bass Tackle Blog
http://RichLindgren.com