Daiwa Pixy rod

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
fish1971
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Daiwa Pixy rod

Post by fish1971 » Sat May 14, 2005 9:30 am

Hello Tackle Tour, Thank you for all the info. I have learned a lot through the forum. :lol: Anyway, I just got a Daiwa Pixy, thanks to you "GUYS". :evil22: I'm looking for a new rod? Has anyone owned or used a Daiwa Pixy rod? What about Megabass rods? F3-66DTi is the rod I'm leaning toward. Any info would be great. Thanks again, Norm

kbookert
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Daiwa Pixy rod

Post by kbookert » Sat May 14, 2005 11:26 am

WELCOME TO THE FORUM fish1971. I do not have a Pixy, (one day I may based on everyones recommendations). At the top of the page you will see the Airrus logo, you may want to check into their rods.
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Sat May 14, 2005 1:20 pm

How light a rod are you looking for? In the For Sale Forum, Johnny A has a Battler Blitz up for sale that would be an excellent match for a Pixy (if you are looking for a light rod). I guess your price range is up to $400 if you're considering the MB rods and that opens up almost everything including a custom. The Kistler He LTA 66 or 70 MLC would be good. The GLoomis DSR820C or DSR822C would be nice. Personally, I was looking for Ultra Light and chose the MB F0-60X Elese and it is absolutely breathtaking. Many good reviews of the MB F1-60X Elite (now that I've figured out how to use Google to translate Japanese websites). And there are a couple of MBs in the F2 power range that sound good to me. A lot depends on what you want to do with the rod...UL topwater with 4# test to pitching Texas rigs with heavy braid is possible with the Pixy. Of course, the advantage of the Pixy is in the light stuff (1/16 - 1/4 oz.) but you can use it for almost anything.
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat May 14, 2005 2:36 pm

I just received my Megabass F2-57X "Resevoir Dog" rod a couple of days ago. Matched with the TD-X 103H for topwaters. I was using the "Blitz" for topwaters but I just prefer the 5'7" rod. It's easier for precision work on the TD Poppers and Pop-Maxes.

Lightninrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Lightninrod » Sat May 14, 2005 5:18 pm

Yes, it depends on how you are going to use the rig as to what rod to match with your Pixy. I chose a Kistler Helium Medium Light rod for mine. I mostly throw a wacky-rigged 5" senko with that rig. I'd call that rod more of an Ultra Light rather than a Medium Light as Kistler named it.

Dan