FYI....Warning ordering overseas

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

FYI....Warning ordering overseas

Post by damian_megabass » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:42 am

Just wanted to put word out there that if you are going to order anything large or has value from overseas hold off on it and fight that money monkey. My lovely reel has been stuck in customs for about a week now. I called them and a nice gentleman named John helped me and told me that they are having systems issues getting these logged and this issue has gone up to Washington. Pretty much he said if your pkg is up for duty fee(s) then it's going to be held up until they are up and running. Could be days or weeks from now since the sorting has be done manually......

So put off on ordering those JDM rods and/or expensive item(s). Only if my other reel was sent 2 days earlier I would have had it already :(

Ended our call with me saying I can careless if the value was not that much...He just said to be patient. :cry:
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

l2yan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: FYI....Warning ordering overseas

Post by l2yan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:33 am

Bummer bro, thanks for the heads up.
www.BigSmallieTackle.com
www.HeroesOnTheWater.org

Jayce
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jayce » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Maybe the system guys are out fishing ... :lol:

ulysi
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ulysi » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:04 pm

dam i just checked and my jdm pixy cleared customs.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:10 pm

it happens and I wouldn't not order something just because a order gets caught in customs phatbass had the same problem and I said be patient and it showed up all good. I think its just a random thing

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:35 am

fishingandfords wrote:it happens and I wouldn't not order something just because a order gets caught in customs phatbass had the same problem and I said be patient and it showed up all good. I think its just a random thing
Custom's is not holding everything....I said anything of value or larger items that will or may be charged a duty fee will be stuck there. He asked me for the value of my pkg and he said yeah it's probably held for duty fees.

GARRIGA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GARRIGA » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:25 pm

But if you order it now you can take advantage of the more favorable exchange rates then of late and once they are up and running get quicker then waiting to order afterwards. So long as it doesn't get lost or damaged is there really a problem? I know there's return policies with time lines but if the seller agrees to honor based on when received and not ordered then should be fine. :)

1600tf
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by 1600tf » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:53 am

Is this is state specific issue? I've ordered a few items from japan in the last few months and I never have run into a customs issue. I might be one of the lucky one though. Just curious.

The Doc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by The Doc » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:58 pm

I ordered a Megabass Field Container from MB Japan about 3 weeks ago and I got it yesterday. It was a pretty big box, and I ordered a bunch of stuff for my Abu 2500C and I got it in 2 weeks. Hope my next order isn't gonna get stuck.
Custom Lures Unltd JB Custom PowerTeam Lures Staff

nuocmam1222
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by nuocmam1222 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:24 pm

No problems here.. who was your carrier?

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:49 am

GARRIGA wrote:But if you order it now you can take advantage of the more favorable exchange rates then of late and once they are up and running get quicker then waiting to order afterwards. So long as it doesn't get lost or damaged is there really a problem? I know there's return policies with time lines but if the seller agrees to honor based on when received and not ordered then should be fine. :)
There isn't problem, but I did spend a lot on this reel so that's the problem. If it was my Ito that was stuck then I can careless at how long it's there. ;)
nuocmam1222 wrote:No problems here.. who was your carrier?

Carrier is USPS. Not sure but I'm just gonna wait for a week or two before I call them again. Nothing I can do.