daiwa alphas vs sol

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
smallykiller
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

daiwa alphas vs sol

Post by smallykiller » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:23 pm

I know these reel are almost identical, but where does the weight savings come from for the alphas? I'm guessing the gears or the drive shaft are machined to eliminate some weight?? Also, does anyone know where I can find a parts data sheet for the alphas online? Thanks

Vladimir_Kazan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: daiwa alphas vs sol

Post by Vladimir_Kazan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:53 am

The sirs, colleague!
Can be, somebody will take the trouble to write the browse on reels of Daiwa?
This problem permanently rises. And I already doubly set similar problems (My friend asks to learn from the highest quarters..., Browses-matchings inside production of one firm). Thanks for the answers, but only after them comes up even more problems.
Is convinced, what it will be most claimed, most popular browse. Sometimes I translate and hang out on the site some materials. On materials of TackleTour while I produce the references only. Two materials I would like to translate - with the admittance of the holders, certainly: such browse and test of lines.

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: daiwa alphas vs sol

Post by davej » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:01 am

smallykiller wrote:I know these reel are almost identical, but where does the weight savings come from for the alphas? I'm guessing the gears or the drive shaft are machined to eliminate some weight?? Also, does anyone know where I can find a parts data sheet for the alphas online? Thanks
Here is a link with some basic part layout... http://www.plat.co.jp/english/bass/daiwa/alphas.htm

If you give me your email address I can scan the complete parts list that came with my Alpha 103L and send them to you... you can go to any local rod and tackle store that sells the Sol and ask them to Photo copy the parts list and compare.. I actually had them photo copy the entire SOL paperwork so I can figure out all the settings, Mag Force etc... since the Alpha paperwork only came in Japanese.

my address is davej@restelcom.com

DJ