X4 hedgehog

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

X4 hedgehog

Post by KP Duty » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:26 am

Just wondering what opinions were of this little casting rod and if it's really capable to 1/2oz. I like short rods for top waters and jet baits and I'm really wanting a reason to buy it. It's a sharp rod that I'm finding deals on.

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: X4 hedgehog

Post by the hooligan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:48 pm

KP Duty wrote:Just wondering what opinions were of this little casting rod and if it's really capable to 1/2oz. I like short rods for top waters and jet baits and I'm really wanting a reason to buy it. It's a sharp rod that I'm finding deals on.
I held this rod at the store and it has a very strange action. Its has a stinger tip. Imagine 3/4 or more of the blank has a ton of backbone, then the last 8-10 inches to the tip is like a whip.

The rod is made for flippin & pitchin small jigs/plastics. Would not be a good topwater rod. Im glad i got to handle this one first cause i was also interested in this rod, lol.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: X4 hedgehog

Post by KP Duty » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:09 am

Thanks dude...I think I'll pass. I've got a 6' steez I don't use often enough as it is.