Evergreen Super Stallion - How do you fish yours ?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Evergreen Super Stallion - How do you fish yours ?

Post by dragon1 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:49 am

jmb27 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:01 am
dragon1 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:08 am
kyty wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:53 am
My favorite rod of all time but i know that's not answering your question.
Lol...yeah man, I get it that the SS lineup in all variants, will like be on the short list of all-time GOATS.

So...what line types do you employ, and what techs do you use yours for?
I have 22 lb. Sunline Defier on mine (w/an Antares DC reel). I use it for all manner of bigger moving baits (cranks, bladed jigs) and topwater (horny toads, buzzjets, etc). Still one of the best all around versatile rounds out there, imo.
Thank you, I was wanting to use braid/leader, but perhaps not, unless I use it for frogs with straight braid.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:17 am

dragon1 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:49 am

Thank you, I was wanting to use braid/leader, but perhaps not, unless I use it for frogs with straight braid.
I'm sure that braid/leader would be fine. Keep in mind that the guides are bigger than many of guides used today. I don't think that you'd have any issues with that line setup. I'm using heavier mono (because Sunline is a bit thinner per diameter and strength) because I'm using the rod for moving baits and not bottom contact. I prefer flouro for bottom stuff (either straight or as a leader).

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:21 am

jmb27 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:17 am
dragon1 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:49 am

I'm sure that braid/leader would be fine. Keep in mind that the guides are bigger than many of guides used today. I don't think that you'd have any issues with that line setup. I'm using heavier mono (because Sunline is a bit thinner per diameter and strength) because I'm using the rod for moving baits and not bottom contact. I prefer flouro for bottom stuff (either straight or as a leader).
Good to know and what I mean is that I don't want it to be too stiff or fast with braid/leader for the 3/4-1.5 oz spinnerbaits, big Topwaters, wakes, paddletails that I intend to use it for.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:40 pm

Whelp, just finished finalizing a deal on a pretty good condition TKIC SUPER STALLION...can't wait to put it to some heavier 3/4-1.5 oz fall power fishing duties with a couple of different reels.

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:10 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:40 pm
Whelp, just finished finalizing a deal on a pretty good condition TKIC SUPER STALLION...can't wait to put it to some heavier 3/4-1.5 oz fall power fishing duties with a couple of different reels.
Congrats, Van!

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:25 pm

Winstondry wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:10 pm
dragon1 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:40 pm
Congrats, Van!
Thanks Brother...and I may just circle back to you as well for next spring for some more goodies! Lol.