Daiwa Zillion 1516 vs 1016 - JDM

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa Zillion 1516 vs 1016 - JDM

Post by Aquaftm45 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:58 pm

Anything 1/2oz that is dense and aerodynamic it will chuck. A floaty 1/2 topwater, I wouldnt want to make a habit. I use my HLC almost exclusivly for 1/2oz or greater Dark Sleepers, metal vibes, TN60/70.
The thing I have found about the HLC spool is you have to really swing it. That inductor has to be pushed out to get the right control. No lob casts, no baits losing inirtia in the wind.
Just for fun I have thrown a wieghtless Senko on it, it does pretty well, but you have to have the nuts to really swing the bait, so the inductor gets into the magnets.
I think I have only had a couple of backlashes that I had to actually pull out after about 30 hours of fish time. Usually
I am pretty sure I am going to get a second spool and swap the spring. It is a great looking spool that is light with an ideal depth for many applications and line sizes.
Let us know how

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa Zillion 1516 vs 1016 - JDM

Post by Johnny A » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:Anything 1/2oz that is dense and aerodynamic it will chuck. A floaty 1/2 topwater, I wouldnt want to make a habit. I use my HLC almost exclusivly for 1/2oz or greater Dark Sleepers, metal vibes, TN60/70.
The thing I have found about the HLC spool is you have to really swing it. That inductor has to be pushed out to get the right control. No lob casts, no baits losing inirtia in the wind.
Just for fun I have thrown a wieghtless Senko on it, it does pretty well, but you have to have the nuts to really swing the bait, so the inductor gets into the magnets.
I think I have only had a couple of backlashes that I had to actually pull out after about 30 hours of fish time. Usually
I am pretty sure I am going to get a second spool and swap the spring. It is a great looking spool that is light with an ideal depth for many applications and line sizes.
Let us know how
That's what I figured and why I didn't break into my piggy bank. It's taken a little bit of time and fine tuning but I'm getting good distance with a One's Bug. The Flat Side Special helps. That was a drop down from the Tour Versatile weight-wise. In NJ, I was using 19lb Defier to keep the bait up. Now, I'm using Shooter Floro to get the bait down. Nothing like an old dog trying to learn some new tricks!