Fragment factory

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Fragment factory

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:02 pm

Has anybody come across this Japanese rod maker? They look like some bad mfing rods. Being that this is TT, anybody handle one of these bad boys? If so, I’d love to hear any thoughts or insights about what these are like.

https://fragmentfactorytak.wixsite.com/fragmenthptop

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Fragment factory

Post by poisonokie » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:24 am

Those do look pretty sick! They're not just ridiculously overpriced, either. I just picked one to look at and the ZeroKelvin is an 8'5" spinning rod with AGS guides (which is interesting all on its own) for ¥60k.
This is the way.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:00 am

Polkfish1 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:02 pm
Has anybody come across this Japanese rod maker? They look like some bad mfing rods. Being that this is TT, anybody handle one of these bad boys? If so, I’d love to hear any thoughts or insights about what these are like.

Dom will chime in eventually, he showed one in disguise a while back with his JDream. He's on a mission.. =D>

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:54 pm

:shock:

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:25 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:00 am
Polkfish1 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:02 pm

Dom will chime in eventually, he showed one in disguise a while back with his JDream. He's on a mission.. =D>
:lol: The mission continues...

I have the 4oz Max 7’ Madokaya the older model than is on the website. These rods are semi order custom. The orders for this years model just ended 10/1 and deliver coming February. It’s a very unique rod that feels very handmade. I’m not positive but the blank feels hand rolled. The writing on mine looks to be done by hand with a paint marker. It has titanium guides and can handle the weight that is recommended which is with 3,4,or 5oz. The Madokaya is recommended for swimbaits or heavy jigs. I’ve tried a 1 oz jig with a big plastic and found it to be pretty sensitive but really prefer and got it for mid size swimbaits. The guides are big enough for braid to leader, but I run straight mono with treble hooked swimbaits and braid with single hooks. It feels really well made and heavy duty. A steez or aldebaran won’t balance this rod out, but my j dream does a pretty good job. It is a very powerful 7’ rod and can catapult baits pretty good for the length. If you search YouTube and type in the full name there is a video or 2 of a guy throwing swimbaits with it(not a very good video). They are really aesthetically pleasing with all the carbon fiber accents. The new model has what looks like rhino lining over the handle which is very unique and would probably provide a good grip. I also like the small cork piece on it as well. Mine is all black And carbon. I almost ordered the 3oz model of this years run, but have a lot of other rods that throw baits in that weight class. Here’s an older pic I took with my jdream. I can take more pics if you’d like but it is a limited run rod and I’m not sure how many were made, if they come up for sale often, and not sure what the new model performs like because it looks to be a completely different blank. All these reasons are why I bought mine and I’ve never seen anyone else with one. There is another member who has a different model than the Madokaya, but I unfortunately know nothing of how that rod performs.
Maybe others have one and they can throw some more info out there also.
Good luck,
Dom

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:44 am

I own the ROAR 73. Beautiful stick, blanks are built by another manufacturer, and decals are made to look like hand-written script...they are sexy. I agree...They do a great job of leaving that custom built "element" intact. Very sharp, clean builds. Very limited runs, or by pre-order only, depending on model. Mine is paired with a Lin Black Jungle, Ltd. collaboration, one-off hand pin-striped Studio Composite CF handle, YT Fusion bearings and I love tossing a TK, Bull Shooter Jr. or similar on it. A lot of fun to fish.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:47 am

TT members come through as usual. Thanks for sharing the photos and experience. I’m glad to learn there is more than just a pretty face here. These rods are gorgeous in appearance. The uniqueness comes through in the photos, so I can imagine the real deal must be outstanding.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:21 pm

RISE wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:44 am
I own the ROAR 73. Beautiful stick, blanks are built by another manufacturer, and decals are made to look like hand-written script...they are sexy. I agree...They do a great job of leaving that custom built "element" intact. Very sharp, clean builds. Very limited runs, or by pre-order only, depending on model. Mine is paired with a Lin Black Jungle, Ltd. collaboration, one-off hand pin-striped Studio Composite CF handle, YT Fusion bearings and I love tossing a TK, Bull Shooter Jr. or similar on it. A lot of fun to fish.

Good to know that they are stickers. I didn’t want to scratch at them cause I thought I might scrape the paint. :lol: they are done super cleanly. I didn’t see edges or anything.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:04 pm

Great stuff!

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:01 pm

Here’s a couple pics of the decals. The Madokaya right next to the fragment factory is definitely a decal, but the other one I’m not convinced it’s a decal after looking really close although it’s definitely possible and and explains my confusion either way. 8-)

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:19 am

=P~

fishinblack
Angler
Angler

Post by fishinblack » Thu May 20, 2021 1:06 pm

Digging up this Thread...
Just got my Fragment Factory B Killing 752 today, and i‘m honestly blown away about the dedication and love to detail they put in their rods :doh: Can‘t wait to test this rod :D
Quick data:
B-KILLING SEVEN 752
LENGTH:7f5in 1Handle
BLANK:40t×35t×50tW(HANDLE)
GRIP:carbon
Reelseat:ECSKN(StoneBLACK)
Handlepipe:50t Φ17mm
Balance:seatcenter~end 385mm
GUIDE:LKW spiral
LURE:7ozMAX(recommended: 6oz)
Action:RF
Line:Monofilament max60lb/PE1~5
Weight: 200G
IMG_6288.jpeg
IMG_6288.jpeg (148.96 KiB) Viewed 4862 times
IMG_6289.jpeg
IMG_6289.jpeg (130.51 KiB) Viewed 4862 times
IMG_6293.jpeg
IMG_6293.jpeg (114.56 KiB) Viewed 4862 times
Instagram: @fish.in.black

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu May 20, 2021 4:40 pm

fishinblack wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 1:06 pm
Just got my Fragment Factory B Killing 752 today, and i‘m honestly blown away about the dedication and love to detail they put in their rods :doh: Can‘t wait to test this rod :D
Quick data:
B-KILLING SEVEN 752

IMG_6288.jpeg
IMG_6289.jpeg
IMG_6293.jpeg

Nice work sir! Sweet setup.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Fri May 21, 2021 12:47 am

fishinblack wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 1:06 pm
Quick data:
B-KILLING SEVEN 752

IMG_6288.jpeg
IMG_6289.jpeg
IMG_6293.jpeg
Love the carbon handle on it! just took mine out the other day. No luck, but still had a good day. Congrats!

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Fri May 21, 2021 12:00 pm

Nice to see these on here, closest I am getting to one for a while. Sexy!!!!