Olympic Vigore

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Olympic Vigore

Post by City17Banner » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:40 pm

StymoDe wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:45 am
City17Banner wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:57 pm
dragon1 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:26 am
Happy Saturday Bump...anyone have a source for easy access and shipping of these rods to the lower 48?
I used the SNIPE service from JDMTackleHeaven.com to get my new Olympic Vigore 20GVIGC-71H and I posted first impressions and rod balance pictures of this rod and my new Luxxe Efreet B74xH-F rod (with 21 Antares DC and 20 Conquest 100 DC) over at BBC in the Rod & Reel Forum.

Please feel free to PM me directly, if you have any questions or concerns.
looking forward to your thoughts after you spend time on the water with them...I have a Vigore 71H and still are searching for what it is best at. I mostly use spinning rods for small mouth fishing but really try to get into football jigging in 10 to 30 FOW
I will certainly report back with my on the water impressions and experiences with this rod as I fully expect it to be an exceptional 3/8-1/2oz football jig rod for me as the smallmouth start pre-staging for the spawn on offshore rock humps and rock reefs adjacent to their preferred spawning areas located in the northwestern areas of our bodies of water.

We just need for the ice to melt! :crying:
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:20 am

City17Banner wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:40 pm
StymoDe wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
dragon1 wrote:
Happy Saturday Bump...anyone have a source for easy access and shipping of these rods to the lower 48?
I used the SNIPE service from JDMTackleHeaven.com to get my new Olympic Vigore 20GVIGC-71H and I posted first impressions and rod balance pictures of this rod and my new Luxxe Efreet B74xH-F rod (with 21 Antares DC and 20 Conquest 100 DC) over at BBC in the Rod & Reel Forum.

looking forward to your thoughts after you spend time on the water with them...I have a Vigore 71H and still are searching for what it is best at. I mostly use spinning rods for small mouth fishing but really try to get into football jigging in 10 to 30 FOW
I will certainly report back with my on the water impressions and experiences with this rod as I fully expect it to be an exceptional 3/8-1/2oz football jig rod for me as the smallmouth start pre-staging for the spawn on offshore rock humps and rock reefs adjacent to their preferred spawning areas located in the northwestern areas of our bodies of water.

The ice finally melted on my cabin lake in NW Wisconsin, so yesterday, my fishing buddy and I were able to get out on the water and try some of the new JDM and custom rods I purchased over the wintertime here in MN. We were hoping for some early season smallmouth bass action on the Megabass X-Nanahan and Vision 110 Jr jerkbaits but the fish didn't want to rise up off the rock humps we were fishing in 12-14ft of water to bite the smaller jerkbait offerings we were presenting. So we put down the Megabass P5 One Ten Sticks and took out a bunch of light football jig rod and reel combinations to see if we could get bit on those lures.

Specifically, we ended up with a good mix of 1/4oz Keitech Tungsten football jigs with a variety of 2.8" Keitech Crazy Flappers and 3" Megabass Rock Hogs as trailers. To the point of this thread, we really wanted to compare the new Olympic Vigore 71H against the best of the last generation light bottom contact rods: the Luxxe Oltre B70H along with a few other good lighter bottom contact rods I own. All of the rods we used were rigged with identical 2018 Shimano Antares DC reels spooled with 20# Power Pro Maxcuatro braid and a 7ft leader of 15# Sunline FC100 leader material.

After the first couple of casts to properly setup reel drags etc., we were able to find a couple of smallmouth bass using a combination of Lowrance Ghost 360 and Active Target and we were able to catch several nice 2# male smallmouth bass within a few minutes of using the Keitech tungsten football jigs. I was really impressed with the sensitivity and overall power of the Olympic Vigore 71H casting rod, it was nearly as sensitive as the Luxxe Oltre but had more power so I'm glad I went through the extra effort to get this fantastic bottom contact casting rod!

Later in the afternoon, we went and tried to find some bigger cruising smallmouth bass on the shallow sand/gravel flats where they will eventually spawn on my local lake/flowage but since the water temperature was only 44-degrees Fahrenheit, we didn't have much luck and decided to go back and fish the mid-depth rock humps and were rewarded with several dozen more ~2# male smallmouth bass for our efforts.

It was great to get back on the water after being off the water for 6 months and 3 weeks, but my boat control and casting form was absolutely terrible! :doh:

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns about the Olympic Vigore 71H and I will do my best to assist further.

Please have a great day!

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:33 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:20 am
City17Banner wrote:
StymoDe wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
dragon1 wrote:

The ice finally melted on my cabin lake in NW Wisconsin, so yesterday, my fishing buddy and I were able to get out on the water and try some of the new JDM and custom rods I purchased over the wintertime here in MN. We were hoping for some early season smallmouth bass action on the Megabass X-Nanahan and Vision 110 Jr jerkbaits but the fish didn't want to rise up off the rock humps we were fishing in 12-14ft of water to bite the smaller jerkbait offerings we were presenting. So we put down the Megabass P5 One Ten Sticks and took out a bunch of light football jig rod and reel combinations to see if we could get bit on those lures.

Specifically, we ended up with a good mix of 1/4oz Keitech Tungsten football jigs with a variety of 2.8" Keitech Crazy Flappers and 3" Megabass Rock Hogs as trailers. To the point of this thread, we really wanted to compare the new Olympic Vigore 71H against the best of the last generation light bottom contact rods: the Luxxe Oltre B70H along with a few other good lighter bottom contact rods I own. All of the rods we used were rigged with identical 2018 Shimano Antares DC reels spooled with 20# Power Pro Maxcuatro braid and a 7ft leader of 15# Sunline FC100 leader material.

After the first couple of casts to properly setup reel drags etc., we were able to find a couple of smallmouth bass using a combination of Lowrance Ghost 360 and Active Target and we were able to catch several nice 2# male smallmouth bass within a few minutes of using the Keitech tungsten football jigs. I was really impressed with the sensitivity and overall power of the Olympic Vigore 71H casting rod, it was nearly as sensitive as the Luxxe Oltre but had more power so I'm glad I went through the extra effort to get this fantastic bottom contact casting rod!

Later in the afternoon, we went and tried to find some bigger cruising smallmouth bass on the shallow sand/gravel flats where they will eventually spawn on my local lake/flowage but since the water temperature was only 44-degrees Fahrenheit, we didn't have much luck and decided to go back and fish the mid-depth rock humps and were rewarded with several dozen more ~2# male smallmouth bass for our efforts.

It was great to get back on the water after being off the water for 6 months and 3 weeks, but my boat control and casting form was absolutely terrible! :doh:

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns about the Olympic Vigore 71H and I will do my best to assist further.

Please have a great day!
Sounds like a fun day on the water. It’s nice that the 71H Vigore is starting to get into a few more peoples hands. I’ve been fishing it for a while now, and still feel that dollar for dollar it’s one of the best heavy jig rods I own. It easily fishes, and is comparable with any of the top tier jig rods right now. The more I fish it the more I like it. Glad you like it as well.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:24 pm

domthewon wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:33 pm
City17Banner wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:20 am
City17Banner wrote:
StymoDe wrote:
City17Banner wrote:

Please have a great day!
Sounds like a fun day on the water. It’s nice that the 71H Vigore is starting to get into a few more peoples hands. I’ve been fishing it for a while now, and still feel that dollar for dollar it’s one of the best heavy jig rods I own. It easily fishes, and is comparable with any of the top tier jig rods right now. The more I fish it the more I like it. Glad you like it as well.
Thank you for the kind words, Dom! It was this thread that inspired me to buy the Olympic instead of the comparable Luxxe Efreet B70MH-F rod, even with the SNIPE fee, I still came out ahead financially which is rare in the current global supply constrained economy and especially for high-end JDM rods! I hope to enjoy fishing the Olympic Vigore for many years to come sir! Now if only I could find a second rod for the other bass boat... ;)

Please have a great day!

CReel83
Angler
Angler

Post by CReel83 » Wed May 18, 2022 9:38 am

Hi guys,

Really appreciate your feedbacks
I also love the 71H paired with my Steez A 8.1 or JD 7.9 for fishing jigs and T-rigs in the trees with the needed of power.

I've received an email this morning from JP Angler. After one year of waiting, he received the 610ML and can finally send me the three Vigore I missed. So monday I will be the happy owner of the complete 20 lineup. :D

Vigore rods are worth every penny you pay. They are just not as easy to find and with the current economic situation you will have to be patient to get one.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Wed May 18, 2022 10:26 am

CReel83 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:38 am
Hi guys,

Really appreciate your feedbacks
I also love the 71H paired with my Steez A 8.1 or JD 7.9 for fishing jigs and T-rigs in the trees with the needed of power.

I've received an email this morning from JP Angler. After one year of waiting, he received the 610ML and can finally send me the three Vigore I missed. So monday I will be the happy owner of the complete 20 lineup. :D

Vigore rods are worth every penny you pay. They are just not as easy to find and with the current economic situation you will have to be patient to get one.
Wow! That is great to hear! Please let us know how you like the new 610ML rod.

CReel83
Angler
Angler

Post by CReel83 » Fri May 20, 2022 1:13 pm

With pleasure!!!

StymoDe
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StymoDe » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:17 pm

anybody has used the 75M and/or 76MH and can share some experience? are they both primarily for moving baits or can do some bottom contact duties...

CReel83
Angler
Angler

Post by CReel83 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:49 am

StymoDe wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:17 pm
anybody has used the 75M and/or 76MH and can share some experience? are they both primarily for moving baits or can do some bottom contact duties...
Hi StymoDe,

I have the two models you mention and I was finally able to try them last week.
The 75M is an incredibly versatile rod. I have fished with the following lures effectively:
- Crankbait OSP Blitz Ex DR
- Evergreen JackHammer 3/4 oz with trailer
- Spinnerbait DW up to 5/8 oz with trailer
- Darksleeper 3/4oz
- Football jig Keitech 1/2oz
The rod is light and very well balanced with a Steez A HL. It is sensitive and although the tip is soft, it retains a good reserve of power.

The 76MH is much more powerful and the tip less flexible. It is also well balanced with a Steez A and the sensitivity is also really good.
I only tried 1/2 oz rubberjigs on it and I caught a 22Lbs northern pike for 1.13 meter. The rod managed it with no worries.
Imo is really a rod for bottom contact or heavy spinner and heavy chatterbait.

For jigs and texas up to 1/2 oz with not too much cover I would take the 75M and for heavier and more crowded the 76MH

Hope this helps you make your choices.

StymoDe
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StymoDe » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:23 pm

CReel83 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:49 am
StymoDe wrote:
Hi StymoDe,

The 75M is an incredibly versatile rod. I have fished with the following lures effectively:
- Darksleeper 3/4oz
The rod is light and very well balanced with a Steez A HL. It is sensitive and although the tip is soft, it retains a good reserve of power.

The 76MH is much more powerful and the tip less flexible. It is also well balanced with a Steez A and the sensitivity is also really good.
I only tried 1/2 oz rubberjigs on it and I caught a 22Lbs northern pike for 1.13 meter. The rod managed it with no worries.

For jigs and texas up to 1/2 oz with not too much cover I would take the 75M and for heavier and more crowded the 76MH

thanks for the sharing, buddy :)

this confirms what I heard - these two rods are a bit more powerful than what the specs say. but I am still surprised the 75M can handle 3/4oz jackhammer with trailer well, how does the 75M handle the lower range? something around 3/8OZ total weight?

think I will be using both for moving bait most of the time but I am hoping they can do some bottom contact as well...ideally I want the 76MH to be capable for some deeper water football jigging for small mouth. from what you described it seems they have potentials.

StymoDe
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StymoDe » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:48 am

what's the weight of 76MH? it is much stronger than 75M but from the web they have the same weight...

CReel83
Angler
Angler

Post by CReel83 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:37 am

StymoDe wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:23 pm
CReel83 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:49 am
StymoDe wrote:
Hi StymoDe,

- Darksleeper 3/4oz

thanks for the sharing, buddy :)

this confirms what I heard - these two rods are a bit more powerful than what the specs say. but I am still surprised the 75M can handle 3/4oz jackhammer with trailer well, how does the 75M handle the lower range? something around 3/8OZ total weight?

think I will be using both for moving bait most of the time but I am hoping they can do some bottom contact as well...ideally I want the 76MH to be capable for some deeper water football jigging for small mouth. from what you described it seems they have potentials.
It's the case for every rods of the series apart the 742M who is exactly right. For exemple the 77XH can cast 6oz without problem.
The JackHammer 3/4oz was couple with a Molix RA Grub 6 as a trailer with the nose cut.
Imo the 1/4oz (total weight) is too light for the 75M. It begin too shine at 3/8oz.

I have no doubt that the 76MH will be the perfect rod for deep water football jigging. I also dedicated this rod for this technic.

CReel83
Angler
Angler

Post by CReel83 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:46 am

StymoDe wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:48 am
what's the weight of 76MH? it is much stronger than 75M but from the web they have the same weight...
76MH
Weight 4.51oz or 127,8g (with the Fuji Hook keeper)
Bottom blank dia. 13,55mm

75M
Weight 4.63oz or 131.5g(with the Fuji Hook keeper)
Bottom blank dia. 12,50mm

The balance point is nearly the same for each rod and it's just before the bottom of the blank and handle junction.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:26 pm

Anybody know the best place to get these? kazumi from tackle heaven basically said it's impossible right now so asking here. Looking for the 7'5M & 7'6MH in baitcasting.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:46 pm

Chode wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:26 pm
Anybody know the best place to get these? kazumi from tackle heaven basically said it's impossible right now so asking here. Looking for the 7'5M & 7'6MH in baitcasting.
Hmm, that's really interesting! I used the JDMTH.com SNIPE Service Request earlier this season to acquire my 20 Vigore 7'1"H from Casterhouse.co.jp and it appears that they currently have a 20 Vigore 7'6"MH in stock. Unfortunately, it appears that the 20 Vigore 7'5"M is now out of stock.

I recommend creating a SNIPE Service Request and see if Kazumi can acquire the rod for you and ship it to your doorstep.

Good luck with your rod search!

Please have a great day!

Casterhouse.co.jp web shop Olympic 20 Vigore GVIGC-76MH Link: https://www-casterhouse-co-jp.translate ... _tr_pto=sc