Olympic Vigore

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Olympic Vigore

Post by Chode » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:34 am

City17Banner wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:46 pm
Chode wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:26 pm
Anybody know the best place to get these? kazumi from tackle heaven basically said it's impossible right now so asking here. Looking for the 7'5M & 7'6MH in baitcasting.
Hmm, that's really interesting! I used the JDMTH.com SNIPE Service Request earlier this season to acquire my 20 Vigore 7'1"H from Casterhouse.co.jp and it appears that they currently have a 20 Vigore 7'6"MH in stock. Unfortunately, it appears that the 20 Vigore 7'5"M is now out of stock.

I recommend creating a SNIPE Service Request and see if Kazumi can acquire the rod for you and ship it to your doorstep.

Good luck with your rod search!

Please have a great day!

Casterhouse.co.jp web shop Olympic 20 Vigore GVIGC-76MH Link: https://www-casterhouse-co-jp.translate ... _tr_pto=sc
Thx a lot for that info. They're extremely slow in responding and my latest message has been two days without a response. Not sure what your experience has been with JDM Tackle heaven but so far, mine has been somewhat subpar

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:24 am

Chode wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:34 am
City17Banner wrote:
Chode wrote:
Anybody know the best place to get these? kazumi from tackle heaven basically said it's impossible right now so asking here. Looking for the 7'5M & 7'6MH in baitcasting.
Hmm, that's really interesting! I used the JDMTH.com SNIPE Service Request earlier this season to acquire my 20 Vigore 7'1"H from Casterhouse.co.jp and it appears that they currently have a 20 Vigore 7'6"MH in stock. Unfortunately, it appears that the 20 Vigore 7'5"M is now out of stock.

I recommend creating a SNIPE Service Request and see if Kazumi can acquire the rod for you and ship it to your doorstep.

Please have a great day!

Casterhouse.co.jp web shop Olympic 20 Vigore GVIGC-76MH Link: https://www-casterhouse-co-jp.translate ... _tr_pto=sc
Thx a lot for that info. They're extremely slow in responding and my latest message has been two days without a response. Not sure what your experience has been with JDM Tackle heaven but so far, mine has been somewhat subpar
Nope, that is actually normal, I have found that once the ball starts rolling though, the SNIPE Service Request option and the subsequent superior shipping in a well-packaged PVC rod tube with FedEx 3-day Global Priority trumps any minor delays in communication.

For example, I'm expecting a Class A (no cosmetic damage) Daiwa Steez Racing Design RD681M/MLFB casting rod that they helped me win on Yahoo.jp auction to arrive on Monday afternoon. The total time from submission of the SNIPE Service Request, winning the auction, waiting for the seller to ship the rod to them, and for to them to ship the rod to me was 7 days overall so it's not fantastically fast, but it's not terribly slow either.

Lastly, being able to find and acquire such a rare casting rod in the current globally supply constrained environment without all of the unexpected and extraneous fees ($82 for warehouse handling fees??) and expensive shipping costs ($185 for DHL Worldwide shipping from Japan to MN???) from 3rd party proxy providers like Buyee or Zen Market is priceless to me. =D>

Please have a great day!
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:52 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:24 am
Chode wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
Chode wrote:

Please have a great day!

Nope, that is actually normal, I have found that once the ball starts rolling though, the SNIPE Service Request option and the subsequent superior shipping in a well-packaged PVC rod tube with FedEx 3-day Global Priority trumps any minor delays in communication.

For example, I'm expecting a Class A (no cosmetic damage) Daiwa Steez Racing Design RD681M/MLFB casting rod that they helped me win on Yahoo.jp auction to arrive on Monday afternoon. The total time from submission of the SNIPE Service Request, winning the auction, waiting for the seller to ship the rod to them, and for to them to ship the rod to me was 7 days overall so it's not fantastically fast, but it's not terribly slow either.

Lastly, being able to find and acquire such a rare casting rod in the current globally supply constrained environment without all of the unexpected and extraneous fees ($82 for warehouse handling fees??) and expensive shipping costs ($185 for DHL Worldwide shipping from Japan to MN???) from 3rd party proxy providers like Buyee or Zen Market is priceless to me. =D>

Please have a great day!
hmm gotcha. maybe patience is a virtue lol. thx for vouching for them

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:40 pm

Chode wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:52 pm
City17Banner wrote:
Chode wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
Chode wrote:

Please have a great day!

Please have a great day!
It only took 40-years of muskie fishing to teach me a small modicum of patience! :big grin:

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:51 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:40 pm
Chode wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
Chode wrote:
City17Banner wrote:

Please have a great day!

Please have a great day!
It only took 40-years of muskie fishing to teach me a small modicum of patience! :big grin:
Thx for always being so helpful on here as well as BBC

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:30 pm

Chode wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:51 pm
City17Banner wrote:
Chode wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
Chode wrote:

Please have a great day!
You are most welcome sir! Please let us know how you like the 20 Vigore 7'6"MH casting rod once you get it sir! I'm leaning towards getting one to see how it compares to my Daiwa Steez AGA BC2 but haven't made up my mind about it or just getting a second BC2 for presenting 3/8oz football jigs and the 3" 3/8oz Megabass Dark Sleeper.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:15 pm

:D
Last edited by Chode on Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:50 am

Chode wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:15 pm
City17Banner wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:30 pm
Chode wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:51 pm
City17Banner wrote:
Chode wrote:

You are most welcome sir! Please let us know how you like the 20 Vigore 7'6"MH casting rod once you get it sir! I'm leaning towards getting one to see how it compares to my Daiwa Steez AGA BC2 but haven't made up my mind about it or just getting a second BC2 for presenting 3/8oz football jigs and the 3" 3/8oz Megabass Dark Sleeper.
Absolutely but not sure how soon I'll be able to get it since i was hoping to save on shipping by getting 3 rods. Wanting the 20vigore 7'5M, 7'6MH & EFREET 7MH at the same time
No worries at all about the timing sir! I once waited until I had four rods (maximum for each PVC rod tube) from Kazumi before having them shipped to "save on shipping costs" only to get hit by a rather excessive array of US Custom Duties fees! :doh:

In addition, since I am fortunate enough to have an EG Rapid Gunner RSR, an EG Black Raven Extreme RS, a Sedition Hooligan, and a Steez RD Jigga Stick in each of my bass boats, I'm guessing I might be ok from a bottom contact casting rod perspective and frankly probably have an "embarrassment of riches" situation if not sheer mental insanity situation going on sir! :lol: :big grin: \:D/

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:40 am

And before any TT net-citizens doubt my mental state any further, just like in the heady days of dial up BBS's where pictures were required to back up any online statements! :lol:

Here are pictures of what casting rods are on the front deck of my 2021 Vexus AVX 1980 aluminum bass boat all set to go for a hot afternoon of smallmouth bass fishing on a local flowage about 45-minutes from my lake cabin. I'm just waiting for my fishing buddy to get back from going to church and then we're off to try and catch a smallmouth bass over 18".

Please have a great day!

Starboard side front deck rods from nearest to furthest: Sedition Cristobal ML, 20 Vigore 71H, EG Grand Stallion GTX, & EG Rapid Gunner RSR

Port side front deck rods from nearest to furthest: RD Hustler Technical Tune, RD Shallow Cover Finesse, RD Jigga Stick, & Sedition Hooligan

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:19 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:40 am
And before any TT net-citizens doubt my mental state any further, just like in the heady days of dial up BBS's where pictures were required to back up any online statements! :lol:

Here are pictures of what casting rods are on the front deck of my 2021 Vexus AVX 1980 aluminum bass boat all set to go for a hot afternoon of smallmouth bass fishing on a local flowage about 45-minutes from my lake cabin. I'm just waiting for my fishing buddy to get back from going to church and then we're off to try and catch a smallmouth bass over 18".

Please have a great day!

Starboard side front deck rods from nearest to furthest: Sedition Cristobal ML, 20 Vigore 71H, EG Grand Stallion GTX, & EG Rapid Gunner RSR

Port side front deck rods from nearest to furthest: RD Hustler Technical Tune, RD Shallow Cover Finesse, RD Jigga Stick, & Sedition Hooligan
Oh, I'm pretty sure you have a few others you're hiding from us 😎

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:57 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:19 pm
City17Banner wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:40 am

Please have a great day!

Oh, I'm pretty sure you have a few others you're hiding from us 😎
The Vexus does have room for 28 more fishing rods in the two rod locker compartments and there's a certain Megabass Destroyer F3-69X7 SE that's hiding in one of the rod lockers rigged up with a 1/8oz Megabass Okashira Screwhead jig with a 3" Neon Pepper colored Spark Shard finesse swimbait trailer sir! :big grin: :whistle: \:D/

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:53 am

such a sick lineup.

and i see that you just bought yourself another jigga stick from BBC :lol:

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:38 pm

Chode wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:53 am
such a sick lineup.

and i see that you just bought yourself another jigga stick from BBC :lol:
Because everyone needs two Jigga Sticks for each of their bass boats sir! :-$ :lol: :big grin:

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:59 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:38 pm

Because everyone needs two Jigga Sticks for each of their bass boats sir! :-$ :lol: :big grin:
Which one of those do you find to be the most sensitive? I plan to purchase some highfalutin fishing apparatuseses soon!

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:12 pm

_diggy_ wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:59 pm
City17Banner wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:38 pm

Which one of those do you find to be the most sensitive? I plan to purchase some highfalutin fishing apparatuseses soon!
From a pure sensitivity standpoint, for me, the EG Black Raven Extreme RS is the most sensitive bottom contact rod I own bar none.

The EG Rapid Gunner RSR is the best at rapid hooksets from any position while bottom fishing and is by far the most powerful rod of the lot along with being the second most sensitive bottom contact rod and my preferred 3/4-1 1/2oz heavy football jig rod.

The Jigga Stick is in a category of its own simply because if I could only have one bottom contact rod that can present every lure from 3/8-1oz whether it is a 3/8oz Texas Rigged 10" Power Worm, a 3/4oz OSP Hunts football jig with trailer, or a 1/2oz Megabass Dark Sleeper, it would be the Jigga Stick. Day in and day out it simply puts smallmouth bass in the boat for me.

The Sedition Hooligan is a custom take by Akira Sendo on his interpretation of the "rubber jig game" and is similar in taper to the Jigga Stick but more powerful and much handier than either the RSR or Jigga Stick when you are target casting and running the bank in heavy cover situations. Be warned though, Seditions in general, being custom built rods, are extremely hard to come by and you have to know somebody who knows somebody to even have a chance at getting one let alone two or four or eight or even nine Sedition rods! ;)

Lastly, I believe that the true determination of what casting rod is sensitive, handy to cast, and easy to use is all dependent on your body kinesiology and your style of fishing. Please feel free to PM me if you want a more verbose diatribe about these unique and special bottom contact casting rods and I will be glad to share my personal on the water experiences with you.

Just be careful what you wish for. :lol:

Good luck on your rod search!

Please have a great day!