MB Brigand - Feedback

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

MB Brigand - Feedback

Post by Johnny A » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:17 am

What are your opinions about the MB Brigand? I’ve been using mine for about a year, there’s something that’s just not correct in the listed taper of “Fast”. To my hand, it feels more like the old Hien casting rod but not exactly. There’s stiffness in the mid-section and extra-fast at the top 12”-18”. Does it require additional load to get flex in the mid-section?
Thanks

Freespoolit
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: MB Brigand - Feedback

Post by Freespoolit » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:27 pm

I just asked this question in a different forum. The rod is stiff but the length and parabolic action was good for pinning fish.

I couldn’t really get good casts. The backbone feels like it can handle half oz but I haven’t tried. I can’t really get a loaded cast on a 1/4 oz dark sleeper.

I thought it did a decent job casting the duo spy bait but I had to really whip it.

I’m going to fish it some more but I feel like the same rod would have been better as a casting.

O26A
Angler
Angler

Re: MB Brigand - Feedback

Post by O26A » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Never liked casting this rod. just never really loads up quite right. But love this rod once the bait is in the water, I strictly use it for deep baits, mainly 1/2 ounce tubes, blade baits and 1/4 to 1/2oz swimbaits. Was expecting a bit more from it. wish it was a bit more like the phase 3 beast hunts
- Rick