Megabass Jaggler castable?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Megabass Jaggler castable?

Post by Finnz922 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:52 pm

Anyone own a Jaggler? Are jigging reels castable?

zrocketman
Angler
Angler

Re: Megabass Jaggler castable?

Post by zrocketman » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:05 pm

Finnz922 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:52 pm
Hey Finnz922 I don't own one but I met an angler here in Korea and I tried his out.

Casting wise its castable, nothing crazy cause it doesn't have any of the nice tunings done to it or sv spools. The guy who let me try his out told me in Korea people love to use it here especially cause most people fish finesse 90% of the time here and cause mostly everyone fishes from the bank and target close targets. More than the casting the jaggler's special retrieve clutch(?) is great for reeling in extra slack from jerk baits, twitching Jackall slim shakes on wacky rigs (literally Korea's favorite worm), and slowly working free rigs while you need your other hand free to eat a sandwich, check your phone, or smoke haha.

hopefully that helps a bit!

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:59 pm

It has 2pin centri brake for boat jigging.

So it is castable.

The Daiwa Viento has mag brake though. :lol:

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:36 am

zrocketman wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:05 pm
Finnz922 wrote:
Hey Finnz922 I don't own one but I met an angler here in Korea and I tried his out.

Casting wise its castable, nothing crazy cause it doesn't have any of the nice tunings done to it or sv spools. The guy who let me try his out told me in Korea people love to use it here especially cause most people fish finesse 90% of the time here and cause mostly everyone fishes from the bank and target close targets. More than the casting the jaggler's special retrieve clutch(?) is great for reeling in extra slack from jerk baits, twitching Jackall slim shakes on wacky rigs (literally Korea's favorite worm), and slowly working free rigs while you need your other hand free to eat a sandwich, check your phone, or smoke haha.

Thanks. Truth be told, I have really just like the way it looks. I had a Viento and didn't hate it.

zrocketman
Angler
Angler

Post by zrocketman » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:10 am

Finnz922 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:36 am
zrocketman wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:05 pm
Finnz922 wrote:

Thanks. Truth be told, I have really just like the way it looks. I had a Viento and didn't hate it.
Yeah I feel you, I was eyeing one for my self but a deal on a TD td ito came up so the jaggler is gonna have to wait for another day...

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:10 am

Used the Air Red Tune a bunch, which has the same braking system. It is castable, and you can use heavier shimano braking blocks (from their og braking system) for more control.

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by eklikewhoa » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:31 am

Will be restricted some but manageable

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:43 am

Eff it! I guess if I don't like it. Curiosity killed the cat