My SV Boost reels, so far...

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: My SV Boost reels, so far...

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:46 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:23 am
Bbrotz wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:40 am
bronzefly wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:46 pm
I've been fishing these three reels on various prototype Daiwa rods over the past few weeks, both on the lakes and in the ponds where I have immediate and easy access.
I’m more interested in these prototype Daiwa rods you were using :-k I wonder when they will revamp the Daiwa AGS line. I would definitely be first in line for a couple spinning rods if they ever do.
:whistle: :big grin:
HobeyBaker wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:28 am
Gary, will the TT carry the SV Boost spools?
Absolutely. Unfortunately, new spools, gear sets, and other parts for new platform reels often take 4 to 6 months to be available for order. TT has already requested these items from Daiwa and announcements will be made on social media platforms as soon as they are in stock.
Sorry for the off topic, but I see the new 2021 Steez AGS stick are up on the TTT website.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:12 am

Gone Phishin wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:46 pm
Sorry for the off topic, but I see the new 2021 Steez AGS stick are up on the TTT website.
Yes sir. The crew is at the Bassmaster Classic right now and we have them all. We'll put up some pics on our FB/IG page today...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Freddie
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Freddie » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:40 pm

Hopefully, we will get to see some finesse oriented SV Boost spools sometime

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:42 pm

Well, I can only speak on the Zillion, don't have the Steez. I'd imagine they're more similar in performance than not. The Zillion is a great reel for 3/8 oz and up imo. Plus the spool doesn't seem as restricted as former, non boost SV spools. Unfortunately, it doesn't really cater to my style of fishing, primarily being power finesse in the range of 1/8 oz to a quarter ounce. The Zillion is not as versatile as my Steez SV TW reels. The Zillion also doesn't seem to like fast slinging too much, especially at lower weights. It sure is smooth, and the footprint is fantastic. Very nice in the hand.