Pixy Secret

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Pixy Secret

Post by eklikewhoa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:24 am

Probably dependent on how one cast also, I've tried quite a few spools and my favorite is the I'ze finesse

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:05 am

eklikewhoa wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:24 am
Probably dependent on how one cast also, I've tried quite a few spools and my favorite is the I'ze finesse
How do you cast?

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:05 am

goldrod wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:35 pm
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:04 pm
SSS wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:13 am
I've tried them all on pixies. Tried the airy red spool with a faster R tuned inductor from the tdz type r as well. My fav setup is the finesse special spool with ceramic hybrids (or the air bfs bearings) in any of the pixies. The furthest casting spool and also the one that handles the lightest of lures.
The I'ze finesse special casts further than the airy red in your experience? With the same weights? I felt like I wasnt getting good distance with the I'ze finesse special so I was planning on swapping it out with an airy red spool. Might be a line/lure weight issue so I'll have to give it another shot I guess.

Call me crazy but
My tuned pxtr spool cast further than my finesse special spool as well
My px68 not so much but still the performance I get from the I’ze finesse spool is just ok
I'm getting similar results. Gonna have to try that airy red spool.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:14 am

SSS wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:36 am
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
SSS wrote:
I've tried them all on pixies. Tried the airy red spool with a faster R tuned inductor from the tdz type r as well. My fav setup is the finesse special spool with ceramic hybrids (or the air bfs bearings) in any of the pixies. The furthest casting spool and also the one that handles the lightest of lures.
The I'ze finesse special casts further than the airy red in your experience? With the same weights? I felt like I wasnt getting good distance with the I'ze finesse special so I was planning on swapping it out with an airy red spool. Might be a line/lure weight issue so I'll have to give it another shot I guess.
With 10lb braid, i find that the i'ze factory casts further than all r and r+ tuned spools that i have tried, and i have tried them all except the one from the ringa sss. I have never taken accurate measurements of course, but i'm used to my setups and know their average distance. The I`ze spool casts insanely far for some reason. I always thought a fixed inductor spool would be inferior for distance, but that is so far from being true. I am kinda curious of trying it on the same rod and line against a met dc to see which one casts further.
I was using braid, but the performance was just ok for me. I do love the r+ spools in most cases. (34mm, 100m with r+, I'ze light millionaire). I also like the zpi fixed inductors.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:13 am

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:14 am
SSS wrote:
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
SSS wrote:
With 10lb braid, i find that the i'ze factory casts further than all r and r+ tuned spools that i have tried, and i have tried them all except the one from the ringa sss. I have never taken accurate measurements of course, but i'm used to my setups and know their average distance. The I`ze spool casts insanely far for some reason. I always thought a fixed inductor spool would be inferior for distance, but that is so far from being true. I am kinda curious of trying it on the same rod and line against a met dc to see which one casts further.
I was using braid, but the performance was just ok for me. I do love the r+ spools in most cases. (34mm, 100m with r+, I'ze light millionaire). I also like the zpi fixed inductors.
I do like the rc001 and rc002 spools as well. My favs for fluoro.

i never used anything over 10lb braid on the finesse special, but with it, never have i had a "just ok" experience. Using it with zpi bearings and a medium rod in 6'.10"

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:22 pm

SSS wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:13 am
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:14 am
SSS wrote:
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
SSS wrote:
I do like the rc001 and rc002 spools as well. My favs for fluoro.

i never used anything over 10lb braid on the finesse special, but with it, never have i had a "just ok" experience. Using it with zpi bearings and a medium rod in 6'.10"
I was using it on a light powered rod that has a moderate fast action. I'm going to try it on a ml with a fast action and see if it's better.

Phish-Hunter
Angler
Angler

Post by Phish-Hunter » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:27 pm

I have my PXtR with airy spool on my Evoluzion LW Mephisto and pitch jigs with it. I haven’t found a better pitching reel, nor one that’s more comfortable ergonomically speaking. I have my SV Light Ltd that has been handling finesse duties. I may have to switch them around. It’s been a minute since I’ve cast anything under 3/8 with it. It’s my favorite reel. *edit spelling

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by eklikewhoa » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:58 pm

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:05 am
eklikewhoa wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:24 am
How do you cast?
I'm more of a really lazy push

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:13 am

I was going to sell a PX68L that I'd had for quite a while until I decided to give it a new life with the extra original KTF Airy Red spool I've had stored away for years - thanks to this thread! Installed with some quality bearings, spooled it up with some 10# Sunline Supernatural mono, dropped it on an old school Megabass F1.5-63Xti Espada Evoluzion, tied on an old 2000 Megabass Dog-X Jr Coyau and headed to the pond. What an incredible difference and upgrade this spool makes in there!! This is now going to be a heavy rotation pond rod for me 8-)

www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:36 am

Another combination along this line that works fantastic I use is a ZPI CP-301 spool in a PX-Type R. Not ultra finesse but a fantastic all around lighter to medium weight casting setup. I use this as my primary all around cranking setup and love it.