Do you think Megabass will ever make another reel?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Do you think Megabass will ever make another reel?

Post by SSS » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:30 pm

I think it has been a few years since Megabass has released their version of a Daiwa reel. Rhodium was the last? What kind of a company ends up on a Tatula :laugh1:

They have the zillion1000, steez vs tw, steez ct as a few examples, and they refuse to release their versions :-k In the last five or so years, they've became very popular in the North America, so i am guessing that reels, most likely their lowest profit margins, are simply not needed anymore?

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Do you think Megabass will ever make another reel?

Post by Fishing4Fun » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:45 am

Doubtful, they seem to be catering to the masses. Cheapened products, large production runs, and expanding product and color offerings of baits. The enthusiast market is slim. The fishing community and social media community is huge. Much more people concerned about the new cheapened Mb rods and baits then the true enthusiasts Mb items that were rare and truly unique.

I would love to see them do a few Mb reels off the current platform. A Steez CT, Steez SV TW and new Zillion and Alphas would be great ideas! I think the chances are less than 10% we see any of this.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:30 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:45 am
Doubtful, they seem to be catering to the masses. Cheapened products, large production runs, and expanding product and color offerings of baits. The enthusiast market is slim. The fishing community and social media community is huge. Much more people concerned about the new cheapened Mb rods and baits then the true enthusiasts Mb items that were rare and truly unique.

I would love to see them do a few Mb reels off the current platform. A Steez CT, Steez SV TW and new Zillion and Alphas would be great ideas! I think the chances are less than 10% we see any of this.
This. Though I do think they still prod some awesome baits, like the i wing triple fry.

Antonese
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Antonese » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:40 am

I think the reels these day are so advanced that they can't really bring performance improvements. The spools are so highly tuned already. Megabass can mainly offer color and aesthetics now mostly in my opinion. Maybe they can offer runs of discontinued reels like the original black Lin (Black Jungle I think)

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:56 am

While I agree with the tuning aspect with performance I still hold hopes that they would find some of the more Choice Daiwa platforms to tune at least aesthetically I'd like to see them slick out a 19' Steez CT 8-), throw the obligatory carbon handle, some limited knobs maybe some new Alien technology for the body frame, say element 115 :P :lol:

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:00 am

I have one, they could cross collaborate with Sagisi Customs :-k have him mill out or Lazer engrave some limited custom Monoblocks with some Cerakote touches 8-) This had me really thinking possibilities especially as I inch closer to trying to finally achieve a Monoblock in my own stable \:D/

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:36 pm

Antonese wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:40 am
I think the reels these day are so advanced that they can't really bring performance improvements. The spools are so highly tuned already. Megabass can mainly offer color and aesthetics now mostly in my opinion. Maybe they can offer runs of discontinued reels like the original black Lin (Black Jungle I think)
who really bought their reels for performance? There barely if any differences at all. Daiwa reels were already good to begin with.

People were buying them for their custom/unique look.