worth the trade

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
torm
Angler
Angler

worth the trade

Post by torm » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:13 pm

Hi guys, I've been asking around for this with no success unfortunately, but was hoping if anyone here can answer this question. So I've been offered a trade that I am considering. It will be a st croix legend elite spinning for a possibly the original megabass destroyer evoluzions F5. 1/2 68 Xti diablo stage II. There doesn't seem to be alot of info on this rod so I was wondering if I was getting a good deal or is the st croix better?

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: worth the trade

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:04 pm

torm wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:13 pm
Hi guys, I've been asking around for this with no success unfortunately, but was hoping if anyone here can answer this question. So I've been offered a trade that I am considering. It will be a st croix legend elite spinning for a possibly the original megabass destroyer evoluzions F5. 1/2 68 Xti diablo stage II. There doesn't seem to be alot of info on this rod so I was wondering if I was getting a good deal or is the st croix better?
Hmmm. Those are drastically different rods. The diablo stage II is a good rod, but it’s a bit dated now. It doesn’t have the collectors desirability of the original diablo xfti or it’s more limited slant bridge version. But the stage ii does come with the slant I think, which is kind of cool. It also has the fuji acs real seat which seems to bother some people. The blank is a bit older tech nowadays and it won’t be quite a bullet proof as the croix. Brand new in their respective day, I’d say the rods were in the same ballpark price wise with the diablo harder to get back in the day. I’d say that if you’re interested in a slightly older mb rod that’s slightly different from what’s out there now, it’s an even enough trade. I have the jota stage ii from that series which is an f4.5 64 and have always enjoyed the rod.

torm
Angler
Angler

Post by torm » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:57 pm

Thanks for replying man. I got some time to decide so I'll be thinking about it for a bit. Yes it is a weird trade as I'm baitcaster guy and he just wants to get more spinning rods. I did call some of the bait shops that carried that line up back in the day to see what their experience were and it seems it might not be the rod for me. Was told that it wasn't sensitive enough to fulfill a jig rod or a light texas rig rod at that point, but it was an excellent heavier top water and heavier cover crank rod. Unfortunately I'm in WI and our bass up here isn't too keen on that kind of big stuff. They follow sure but most of the time its just that.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:07 am

if it was the xfti without any chipping or scratches, i would personally trade it. i have one and they're so damn great for spinnerbaits and chatterbaits