New Poison Glorious

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Poison Glorious

Post by KP Duty » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:23 am

rocketsurgeon wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:02 am
Fran87 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:02 pm
Hi mates, Anyone could tell us if will there be a new Poison Glorious XC , the old one is sold out and without restock time, maybe are they planing to launch a 23 Poison Glorious Xtreme Cranking?

Thanks!
Good question, I was able to order the 173MH-G but then had the order cancelled as OOS by JDMTH with an unknown future manufacture date. Looks like I may be looking elsewhere for a deep cranking solution. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

That's strange....the 173mh-g is still up for preorder on haven. I have the M and MH G rods, and was planning on ordering the ML and L. It is a great little line.

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:17 am

KP Duty wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:23 am
rocketsurgeon wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:02 am
Fran87 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:02 pm
Hi mates, Anyone could tell us if will there be a new Poison Glorious XC , the old one is sold out and without restock time, maybe are they planing to launch a 23 Poison Glorious Xtreme Cranking?

Thanks!
Good question, I was able to order the 173MH-G but then had the order cancelled as OOS by JDMTH with an unknown future manufacture date. Looks like I may be looking elsewhere for a deep cranking solution. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

That's strange....the 173mh-g is still up for preorder on haven. I have the M and MH G rods, and was planning on ordering the ML and L. It is a great little line.
i thought so too, I was looking forward to adding one to my quiver. Still showing in stock though and taunting me from afar.

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:38 pm

I have my eyes set on these again except now I am looking at the 2610ML/H power spin model. Anyone have one of these? What is the best place to source the poison glorious? The only place I have found them is JDMtackleheaven and they are pre order only and as far as JDM sites go they are one of the more expensive ones. I have a hard time paying that much and not knowing when I will actually get the rod.

If anyone hasn't tried this specific model what has your experience been with the dual taper models? They seem like a unique/interesting design but not sure if its just marketing bs. The ML/H model has an insane weight range rating of 4g to 30g so esentially 1/8 to 1 oz

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:08 am

Do they have a 5pc Adrena or the Glorious in the works? I know they have a 5pc Ultima, but never seen the other two.

Craiger12
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craiger12 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:53 am

Does anyone have any experience fishing the 7'4" MH+ yet? Didn't see anything mentioned about this particular model. Wondering if this would make a good 1/2oz jig and 5/16oz plus plastic t-rig rod. Any thoughts?

fishonsc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishonsc » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:16 am

Anyone have the 1611ML/H? Looks like a interesting rod. A 5 to 42 gram lure rating.

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:01 pm

fishonsc wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:16 am
Anyone have the 1611ML/H? Looks like a interesting rod. A 5 to 42 gram lure rating.
I'm super interested in this dual taper rods with huge weight ranges but I am also very skeptical. Seems like it may be pure marketing phony bologne.

midnightowl626
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by midnightowl626 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:01 pm

KP Duty wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:40 pm
My 7'H arrived. The new handle looks great...it has sharper lines than I had anticipated.

Hi so what do you think about this rod? does being a 2 piece have a big sensitivity loss compared to a full 1 piece? any chance of the piece coming undone while casting and going into the water? what are your thoughts on this rod vs a Adrena of similar spec

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:59 pm

Firstoutfisher wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:01 pm
fishonsc wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:16 am
I'm super interested in this dual taper rods with huge weight ranges but I am also very skeptical. Seems like it may be pure marketing phony bologne.
Most of the listed upper weight ranges are wishful thinking, but they are getting closer than in the past from my experience. I wouldn't call it completely phony, but not miles off either. There are some very universal sticks out there for sure.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:56 pm

Sensitivity is subjective between users, but it's pretty tight fit so I don't think you're going to lose any sensitivity. As far as the rod separating and flying off somewhere to the wild blue yonder, unless it's a loose fit, I don't see it happening. With one of my 2 piece Poison Glorious rods, I actually had to put the handle in between bags of ice just to get it to expand a little bit so I could get the blank all the way seated because it was that tight of a fit.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:55 am

John G wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:56 pm
Sensitivity is subjective between users, but it's pretty tight fit so I don't think you're going to lose any sensitivity. As far as the rod separating and flying off somewhere to the wild blue yonder, unless it's a loose fit, I don't see it happening. With one of my 2 piece Poison Glorious rods, I actually had to put the handle in between bags of ice just to get it to expand a little bit so I could get the blank all the way seated because it was that tight of a fit.
Just curious, wouldn't the bags of ice cause the material to contract, vs heat making it expand?

Also, is there some sort of film that the rod handle is coated with and is this left on or removed?

Gorgeous rod for sure.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:56 am

dragon1 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:55 am

Just curious, wouldn't the bags of ice cause the material to contract, vs heat making it expand?

Also, is there some sort of film that the rod handle is coated with and is this left on or removed?

Gorgeous rod for sure.
I'm not sure about heat versus cold. I do know that I got the advice on this website. The blank was partially in the handle and I put the handle and the blank in between the bags of ice and left it there for a while and then it slid in very easy. I can't imagine the blank actually shrunk but whatever happened, the blank slid in easy after it got cold. Not sure about the film that you're talking about.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:00 am

dragon1 wrote:

Gorgeous rod for sure.
Van, I found my old post concerning this issue.

http://www.tackletour.net/viewtopic.php?t=67283

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:46 pm

KP Duty wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:40 pm
My 7'H arrived. The new handle looks great...it has sharper lines than I had anticipated.

Is the clear plastic/rubber film over the handle supposed to left on or removed?
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:47 pm

John G wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:00 am
dragon1 wrote:

Gorgeous rod for sure.
Van, I found my old post concerning this issue.

http://www.tackletour.net/viewtopic.php?t=67283
Ah got it...I was deciphering based upon my need to pull apart a stuck 2-piece Megabass 7'11" Cyber Shootist that I have.