New Poison Glorious

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Poison Glorious

Post by City17Banner » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:05 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:09 pm
Birdman2136 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:57 am
Firstoutfisher wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:31 pm
Birdman2136 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:40 am
Firstoutfisher wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:33 am
I am interested in the 6'4" medium heavy casting and the 610L/MH and 610UL/M rods. Anyone know any additional information on these rods? Wish japanese videos had english captions. I definitely eventually want the 6'4" to compare to my steez target sniper. Not sure between the two spinning rods what each one would excel at.
If you read through all the comments on this thread a guy specifically talks about the 64MH PG. I believe he said he was using it for jig and worm fishing from his kayak and called it the Bugatti of rods or something like that.
yes I did read those comments,he also sold the rod in the classified recently :laugh1:

haha Well dang... I picked up the 64 MH Luxxe Efreet a month or so ago and I love that rod.. considering a second to be honest.
I've been eyeballing the 6'7 medium Efreet. What little information I can find on this series has been quite positive, especially regarding sensitivity. How do you like the rod? Anything you might compare or contrast it with?
I have the Luxxe Efreet B67M-RF casting rod sir.

What would you like to know about the rod specifically?

So far in the few weeks I have owned this rod, I have really enjoyed using it to present my 1/4oz OSP High Pitcher spinnerbaits, DUO Realis Rozante 77SP and Megabass X-Nanahans jerkbaits, Megabass Pop-X Poppers, and 5" weightless wacky rigged 5" Senkos and other soft plastic presentations. I find it to be a truly versatile rod with lots of uses and capabilities which is a departure from my normal mode of selecting technique specific rods and even sometimes having custom made rods for a specific technique or lure category/brand/model.

The only other casting rods that I own that compares from a sensitivity standpoint in this rod length/weight are the new Daiwa Steez AGS SVF 69M Universal Light, the Sedition SDC-605MMR-FTW Bloody, and the Evergreen Internation Orion 67ML+ Lightning Strike. Ultimate sensitivity for soft plastic lures like wacky rigged 5" Senkos or light Neko rigged 4.5" Missile Baits Quiver Worms is slightly behind my Daiwa Steez Racing Design 6101ML Shallow Cover Finesse rod but that's still extremely good company for a rod that cost anywhere from $100-350 less than any of the other rods mentioned!

Please have a great day!
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:08 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:05 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Birdman2136 wrote:
Firstoutfisher wrote:
Birdman2136 wrote:

If you read through all the comments on this thread a guy specifically talks about the 64MH PG. I believe he said he was using it for jig and worm fishing from his kayak and called it the Bugatti of rods or something like that.
yes I did read those comments,he also sold the rod in the classified recently :laugh1:

haha Well dang... I picked up the 64 MH Luxxe Efreet a month or so ago and I love that rod.. considering a second to be honest.
I've been eyeballing the 6'7 medium Efreet. What little information I can find on this series has been quite positive, especially regarding sensitivity. How do you like the rod? Anything you might compare or contrast it with?

So far in the few weeks I have owned this rod, I have really enjoyed using it to present my 1/4oz OSP High Pitcher spinnerbaits, DUO Realis Rozante 77SP and Megabass X-Nanahans jerkbaits, Megabass Pop-X Poppers, and 5" weightless wacky rigged 5" Senkos and other soft plastic presentations. I find it to be a truly versatile rod with lots of uses and capabilities which is a departure from my normal mode of selecting technique specific rods and even sometimes having custom made rods for a specific technique or lure category/brand/model.

The only other casting rods that I own that compares from a sensitivity standpoint in this rod length/weight are the new Daiwa Steez AGS SVF 69M Universal Light, the Sedition SDC-605MMR-FTW Bloody, and the Evergreen Internation Orion 67ML+ Lightning Strike. Ultimate sensitivity for soft plastic lures like wacky rigged 5" Senkos or light Neko rigged 4.5" Missile Baits Quiver Worms is slightly behind my Daiwa Steez Racing Design 6101ML Shallow Cover Finesse rod but that's still extremely good company for a rod that cost anywhere from $100-350 less than any of the other rods mentioned!

Please have a great day!
Dude, I need to send you a PM! The only other rod I'm considering is the Lightning Strike. I haven't found anyone who owns that particular rod until now. Let's talk shop!

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:18 pm

It's here...I'm pretty excited to try it out. Wanted to get a feel of the rods taper before making a permanent reel choice. Feels like a medium-fast that will excel at a few diffetent things.

Birdman2136
Angler
Angler

Post by Birdman2136 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:02 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Birdman2136 wrote:
Firstoutfisher wrote:
Birdman2136 wrote:
Firstoutfisher wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:33 am
I am interested in the 6'4" medium heavy casting and the 610L/MH and 610UL/M rods. Anyone know any additional information on these rods? Wish japanese videos had english captions. I definitely eventually want the 6'4" to compare to my steez target sniper. Not sure between the two spinning rods what each one would excel at.

I don't have a lot of experience with JDM rods prior to this. Rods I do have experience with are Orochi, Levante, Expride A/B , Zodias, St Croix, ALX, Kage, Kistler, and one Raid Japan rod.

That being said the 64MH is labeled as a regular action. In my hands I would consider it a regular fast and in terms of sensitivity is the best I have handled and has been a pleasure to fish with. I have been using it a lot with two specific techniques 1/8-3/8 tube jigs with a 2.5" tube on the river for smallies and a 3/8 compact tungsten jig pitching/skipping it around docks on the lake. In my hands it has handled both great and I've stuck some respectable smallies on the river already with it with the biggest at 20" and over 4lbs. As far as the docks fishing goes I haven't had any largemouth over 4lbs so I can't really say anything about feeling over powered or anything, but maybe I'll run into that.

Without continuing to ramble on like I typically do I am actually considering getting a second 64MH I like it that much. The build quality and feel of the rod to me is great... again I haven't had many super high end rods in my hands so take it for what its worth.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:44 pm

The power to weight ratio and balance of the new XH is remarkable. This pic is with a 6.9oz SLP Zillion.

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jbc88 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:54 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:08 pm
City17Banner wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:05 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Birdman2136 wrote:
Firstoutfisher wrote:

Please have a great day!
Dude, I need to send you a PM! The only other rod I'm considering is the Lightning Strike. I haven't found anyone who owns that particular rod until now. Let's talk shop!
https://jdmtackleheaven.com/products/ev ... ing-strike

Its showing they have it in stock.. give them a try, its a great all around rod for me. I usually use it for jerkbait but also tried a few bottom contact stuff and its pretty sensitive to me as well.

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:40 am

Can anyone provide a "review" of some sorts on the 610M? Is it a jerkbait rod like the Exprides? Just with a better blank and guides, etc.? Or is it super crisp and fast, and geared more toward bottom contact?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:37 am

PotatoLake wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:40 am
Can anyone provide a "review" of some sorts on the 610M? Is it a jerkbait rod like the Exprides? Just with a better blank and guides, etc.? Or is it super crisp and fast, and geared more toward bottom contact?
I think many would say somewhere in between, but for me it's primarily a bottom contact rod. I feel like the 6'10m Adrena is the one to have to cover both. The blank is very crisp, sensitive, and shuts off much quicker than the Expride.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:55 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:37 am
PotatoLake wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:40 am
I think many would say somewhere in between, but for me it's primarily a bottom contact rod. I feel like the 6'10m Adrena is the one to have to cover both. The blank is very crisp, sensitive, and shuts off much quicker than the Expride.
Good description...I agree with Hogsticker. The rod for jerkbaits/topwaters in the Glorious line would be the 6'8"ML+ regular taper (5-21g). Its on my list...

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:00 pm

Thank you @hogsticker2 and @kpduty for the reviews and advice. Well shoot, I guess I should have read up more on that before ordering one. You know what they say about assuming…

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:51 pm

Joining this thread late, I have recently started rebuilding my bass tackle arsenal after spending the last few years going down the SPJ rabbit hole. Taking a hard look at the 173MH-G as a dedicated deep cranking rod. Glass mixed with nano resins sounds retro-mod to me, but I was hoping to hear some sort of feedback on the tech from the true critics. Planning on pairing a Conquest 101DC with it. Let me know your thoughts please, thanks everyone.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:16 pm

rocketsurgeon wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:51 pm
Joining this thread late, I have recently started rebuilding my bass tackle arsenal after spending the last few years going down the SPJ rabbit hole. Taking a hard look at the 173MH-G as a dedicated deep cranking rod. Glass mixed with nano resins sounds retro-mod to me, but I was hoping to hear some sort of feedback on the tech from the true critics. Planning on pairing a Conquest 101DC with it. Let me know your thoughts please, thanks everyone.
I don't own any Glorious rod models but do own two of the 22 Ultima 1611ML+ and for my money, while there are a lot of factors that determine what makes a great deep diving crankbait rod, the following casting rods are my dedicated deep diving crankbait rods since I use them a great deal in the summer and fall for smallmouth bass fishing in the flowages and natural lakes in NW Wisconsin.

Deep Cranking Rod & Reel Combinations
  • (2) Megabass Valkryie VKC-71MH/Shimano Calcutta Conquest 100 DC (5.6:1)/20# YGK G-Soul SS112 sinking braid/super ester/#30 Sunline FC100 leader/Megabass Deep-X 300 & SK 5XD
  • (2) Megabass Valkryie VKC-71H/Shimano Calcutta Conquest 100 DC (5.6:1)/20# YGK G-Soul SS112 sinking braid/super ester/#30 Sunline FC100 leader/Megabass Deep Six & SK 6XD
  • (2) Megabass Valkryie VKC-76XXH/Shimano Calcutta Conquest 200 DC (4.8:1)/20# YGK G-Soul SS112 sinking braid/super ester/#30 Sunline FC100 leader/Megabass Big M 7.0 & SK 8Xd & 10XD
Please note that I use Sedition SDC-700MG-FTW White Falcon casting rods for all of my squarebill and shallow diving crankbaits that run shallower than 10ft as well and those all have Shimano 21 Antares DC reels mounted on them.

Please have a great day!

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:02 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:16 pm
rocketsurgeon wrote:
I don't own any Glorious rod models but do own two of the 22 Ultima 1611ML+ and for my money, while there are a lot of factors that determine what makes a great deep diving crankbait rod, the following casting rods are my dedicated deep diving crankbait rods since I use them a great deal in the summer and fall for smallmouth bass fishing in the flowages and natural lakes in NW Wisconsin.

• (2) Megabass Valkryie VKC-71MH/Shimano Calcutta Conquest 100 DC (5.6:1)/20# YGK G-Soul SS112 sinking braid/super ester/#30 Sunline FC100 leader/Megabass Deep-X 300 & SK 5XD
  • (2) Megabass Valkryie VKC-71H/Shimano Calcutta Conquest 100 DC (5.6:1)/20# YGK G-Soul SS112 sinking braid/super ester/#30 Sunline FC100 leader/Megabass Deep Six & SK 6XD
  • (2) Megabass Valkryie VKC-76XXH/Shimano Calcutta Conquest 200 DC (4.8:1)/20# YGK G-Soul SS112 sinking braid/super ester/#30 Sunline FC100 leader/Megabass Big M 7.0 & SK 8Xd & 10XD
Please note that I use Sedition SDC-700MG-FTW White Falcon casting rods for all of my squarebill and shallow diving crankbaits that run shallower than 10ft as well and those all have Shimano 21 Antares DC reels mounted on them.

Please have a great day!
Thanks for your input i really appreciate it. The Valkyrie rods weren't even on my radar and yet I have multiple P5 Destroyers an Onager and a late model White Python. My favorite out of the bunch is the Madbull for moving baits which I might try to put onto service until I get this figured out. Oh, and I will call the Conquest DC the Rolex of reels.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:53 pm

rocketsurgeon wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:02 pm
City17Banner wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:16 pm
rocketsurgeon wrote:

Please have a great day!
Thanks for your input i really appreciate it. The Valkyrie rods weren't even on my radar and yet I have multiple P5 Destroyers an Onager and a late model White Python. My favorite out of the bunch is the Madbull for moving baits which I might try to put onto service until I get this figured out. Oh, and I will call the Conquest DC the Rolex of reels.
You are most welcome! From my on-the-water experience over the last five fishing seasons, the best of the recent Megabass Destroyers for moving baits is the USA Destroyer Javelin which is the predecessor of the Madbull. More recently, however, the Javelins have been superseded by the Sedition White Falcon casting rods in my bass boat rod lockers and they have been relegated to long term rod storage now.

Good luck on your deep diving crankbait rod search!

Please have a great day!

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:19 pm

Those Seditions look deluxe, looks like I'm headed down another rabbit hole. Thank you Sir!