Evergreen Orion "The Degel"

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Evergreen Orion "The Degel"

Post by Mike son » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:36 pm

Thanks for the input, guys. The opening line on the Degel description got me, "From bait finesse on a 1.3g smorava + trailer to fishing for a 3/8oz spinner bait roll ...". Though, after rereading both rod descriptions it does sound like the lightning strike has that extra power to align with what I'm thinking I want to use the rod for.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:04 pm

Mike son wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:36 pm
Thanks for the input, guys. The opening line on the Degel description got me, "From bait finesse on a 1.3g smorava + trailer to fishing for a 3/8oz spinner bait roll ...". Though, after rereading both rod descriptions it does sound like the lightning strike has that extra power to align with what I'm thinking I want to use the rod for.
Awesome. Let us know what you think, should you grab one.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:18 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:04 pm
Mike son wrote:
Will do. I'm back to being undecided though. The lightning strike sounds similar to the TKIC stingray super shake that I have, I use that rod for some of the baits City mentioned and then some. The rod is too soft for setting the hook on owner finesse football heads with a texas rigged plastic, too underpowered for the half oz stuff, handles up to a 110jr. The more I think about it, I'm okay with my two rod setup for wading at the moment. One for light plastics/light swimbait. One for the 3/8oz-1/2oz treble and single hook lures. Still might grab an orion eventually ](*,)

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:23 pm

Mike son wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:18 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mike son wrote:
Will do. I'm back to being undecided though. The lightning strike sounds similar to the TKIC stingray super shake that I have, I use that rod for some of the baits City mentioned and then some. The rod is too soft for setting the hook on owner finesse football heads with a texas rigged plastic, too underpowered for the half oz stuff, handles up to a 110jr. The more I think about it, I'm okay with my two rod setup for wading at the moment. One for light plastics/light swimbait. One for the 3/8oz-1/2oz treble and single hook lures. Still might grab an orion eventually ](*,)
For what you're after, I would highly recommend the new Daiwa Steez Fire Wolf.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:28 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:23 pm
Mike son wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:18 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mike son wrote:
For what you're after, I would highly recommend the new Daiwa Steez Fire Wolf.
I have to second this recommendation after using mine last week to absolutely destroy the fall smallmouth bass with a Megabass Deep-X 100 LBO crankbait or you can step up and get the EG Couger Elite 7 too as it's very comparable to the new Fire Wolf! Both rods made a fantastic debut on Chequamegon Bay for me, and I'm headed there in about two hours to do try and catch more big smallmouth bass this morning!
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:06 pm

I ended up ordering the Lightning Strike on Friday. Got a notification that it shipped this morning. Hope to get it in time for a river trip on Sunday.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:00 pm

Mike son wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:06 pm
I ended up ordering the Lightning Strike on Friday. Got a notification that it shipped this morning. Hope to get it in time for a river trip on Sunday.
Awesome. It's a great little rod, versatile, super light and super fun.