Megabass P5 Tequila Baccarac for Punching

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
FamKench
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Megabass P5 Tequila Baccarac for Punching

Post by FamKench » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:41 pm

Anyone try it for punching? I broke the tip on my dedicated punching rod (8' Tatula elite ags flip/punch rod) boat flipping :-({|= a 1 pounder. While waiting to see if they will even warranty it I decided to buy the P5 Tequila Baccarac for the same duties. I wanted to try a shorter rod for punching. I didn't think I'd like shorter rods but after buying and fishing the 6'9" P5 Super Destroyer earlier in the year it has by far become my favorite rod so I'm sure I'll be happy with the TB.

Can I boat flip a 3 to 5 lber covered in vegetation?
Is the sweet spot about 2oz?

fishonsc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass P5 Tequila Baccarac for Punching

Post by fishonsc » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:34 am

I do not boat flip. Can not answer that question. Ya I would say the sweet spot is 2oz or so. I love this rod so much. I am waiting on them to get back in stock. Want a 2nd one. Not much this rod can not do.

FamKench
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Megabass P5 Tequila Baccarac for Punching

Post by FamKench » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:03 am

fishonsc wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:34 am
I do not boat flip. Can not answer that question. Ya I would say the sweet spot is 2oz or so. I love this rod so much. I am waiting on them to get back in stock. Want a 2nd one. Not much this rod can not do.
Thanks for the feedback. There are a few places that have it in stock. I get it tomorrow. Super excited to handle it.