Dream reel, Antares BFS

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
boatinpete
Angler
Angler

Dream reel, Antares BFS

Post by boatinpete » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:30 pm

Wish Shimano made a BFS version of the Antares, that would be my dream reel, of course they need to lighten it up, like to 6 ounces.Got into BFS fishing and it gave me a new life for fishing. Who out there would be interested in this reel?

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Dream reel, Antares BFS

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:41 pm

I think for high end Shimano BFS, Shimano has the Conquest BFS that is well received and plays well into the traditionalist who prefer round reels.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Dan B
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dan B » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:37 am

boatinpete wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:30 pm
Wish Shimano made a BFS version of the Antares, that would be my dream reel, of course they need to lighten it up, like to 6 ounces.Got into BFS fishing and it gave me a new life for fishing. Who out there would be interested in this reel?
What they need a decked out version of the Aldebaran whether it's BFS or not. Brass gears, great materials / paint, while trying to maintain it's super small size. So if they can make a Antares BFS that size then ya I would be all for it.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:19 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:41 pm
I think for high end Shimano BFS, Shimano has the Conquest BFS that is well received and plays well into the traditionalist who prefer round reels.
Yes but an Antares AR bfs would be the suga bugga
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:19 pm

Dan B wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:37 am
boatinpete wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:30 pm
What they need a decked out version of the Aldebaran whether it's BFS or not. Brass gears, great materials / paint, while trying to maintain it's super small size. So if they can make a Antares BFS that size then ya I would be all for it.
The 16 Stile XG is the closest you will get. Mine is super smooth, clicking drag and....is slightly smaller due to the Core Fit Frame. Is has SVS brakes though.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:22 pm

I would like to see a tiny antares made of magnesium in the 5.5oz. Really tired of seeing them being as heavy as a round reel. Imagine something tiny like an aldebaran, all in chrome and with a shallow spool. Now that's the good stuff i want to see from Shimano. Otherwise my pixy will never be dethroned from being the main bfs reel.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:54 am

I know it wouldn't make much sense, but an aluminum framed, brass geared Aldebaran MGL would be a perfect reel. I would like to see the extra bearing on the mainshaft too, but that would be a dream Shimano for me.

Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse Angler » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:47 pm

I think the Antares bfs with the finesse tuned mag breaks and weighting in the mid 5oz range, or a core solid Aldebaran bfs with no ci4+ in it would be killer. The Aldebaran for me is just a little too small on the palming due to how close the handle sits and is too light for me, feels like a toy. However one with similar styling to the metanium core solid would be killer.

boatinpete
Angler
Angler

Post by boatinpete » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:48 pm

I'm with you sss, a mid 5 oz futuristic Calais , Antares BfS with brass gearing would be amazing. This reel in my opinion would be the finest casting reel ever made.