My First Experience with a High End Setup

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

My First Experience with a High End Setup

Post by Firstoutfisher » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:47 pm

So I went out tonight to play around with my new setup. It is an orochi XX ronin with a luvias airity 2500s spooled up with 10# smackdown. This is hands down the nicest combo I have ever owned and my first foray into what I consider high end gear. I have some other higher end rods and reels but not with a high end rod and reel both. Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience and don't know where else to do that.

I was concerned because the reel kept making a loud whirring noise. I kept casting and retrieving trying to figure out why this brand new reel was so noisy even though it was smooth as butter. After awhile I moved my hand further up the foregrip and put my finger on the blank. I felt a vibration as I was retrieving my bait,(straight retrieve not something that creates a lot of vibration) this is something I had never experienced before. Anyway I put the rod and reel up to my ear to try and pinpoint what was making the noise and I realized what I was hearing was actually the vibration from the bait and the line coming through the guides resonating through the rod! My reel was so quiet and the rod is so much more sensitive than what I am used to, that is not a sound I am used to hearing. :laugh1:

Anyway,needless to say I am impressed with both the rod and reel! Can't wait to actually throw some jerkbaits on the setup.

mrpao
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: My First Experience with a High End Setup

Post by mrpao » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:15 am

Be Very Cautious.
Your wallet will not be happy.
This can become a bad addiction. :lol:

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: My First Experience with a High End Setup

Post by Tigerbass » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:04 am

Run, run away while you still can!!! :D

Seriously, congrats on the purchase. There is nothing like the joy of a high end combo. Just a warning…it can be addictive (and expensive)!! In 2004 or ‘05 I found this site as I was getting back into fishing pretty seriously. I convinced myself to buy an original Kistlet Helium LTA and an original Shimano Scorpion! Like you, I was blown away….and it has been a fun and expensive journey from there!!!