“ZILLION TW HD 1000 Debut! ”

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

“ZILLION TW HD 1000 Debut! ”

Post by Johnny A » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:35 am

https://youtu.be/wlJxRmLHSfQ

Could be the reel for the 1 OZ+ cranks

This ZILLION only has one size – 1000 / mono 16lb-100m / braid #1.5-200m.
Release date is December 2021.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: “ZILLION TW HD 1000 Debut! ”

Post by LowRange » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:57 am

Johnny A wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:35 am
https://youtu.be/wlJxRmLHSfQ

Could be the reel for the 1 OZ+ cranks
It's a little line cap challenged being a standard 34mm narrow spool and shallow too unless it just looks shallower than other 34mm spools. Its rated at the same 16/110 as other 34mm spools so it probably isn't any shallower. I also dont believe Daiwa's rated line cap is even remotely accurate. I'll make a 150 foot cast with a frog and casts all the supposedly 300 feet of line off. I'll end up with an empty spool and a frog 150 feet away. Some of that is extra dispensed line getting caught in the wind and consumed by the bait and trajectory but a whole cast length's worth of line?

It should be a good spool for braid and compact heavy baits though. Only one cast in that vid is a real bomb cast and he does get some good flight time on whatever he is throwing so it looks capable. The rest of them are lobbing baits the whole video. The same guy in the boat that does the bomb cast with the wind casts into it 1st with an interesting casting stroke to keep the bait out of the wind. I haven't seen that before. I lot of these Japanese vids have interesting casting strokes that are very different from what is typical in the US.

'

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:19 am

Nice! If it's made in Japan, it's mine. :mrgreen:

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:34 am

Interesting. It looks like a full aluminum Zillion. I have a Zillion on a Expride 7'7 H that I have been using for Mag Drafts and A-Rigs. I might need to pick one of these up.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:36 am

Can never have too many posts of the same subject :P I believe I could be wrong :doh:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=86835

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:40 am

Cristo wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:36 am
Can never have too many posts of the same subject :P I believe I could be wrong :doh:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=86835
Apologies! I didn’t see it listed this way before I posted. Also expected it to be in Enthusiast heading.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:05 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:34 am
Interesting. It looks like a full aluminum Zillion. I have a Zillion on a Expride 7'7 H that I have been using for Mag Drafts and A-Rigs. I might need to pick one of these up.
The regular silver zillion is the same as this one with aluminum frame, side plate and set plate. This one is black.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:44 am

The way I see it who really cares you can never have enough talk about anything on here quite honestly :big grin:

I'm a big fan of the zillion HD so I'm very very excited to hear all the news and opinions once these specimen start getting into people's hands

Just doing my usual ballbusting 8-)

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:44 am

LowRange wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:05 am
HobeyBaker wrote:
The regular silver zillion is the same as this one with aluminum frame, side plate and set plate. This one is black.
The side plate that comes off the Zillion is plastic/composite. I was thinking that this would be full aluminum like the Steez A. It also looks like it has a 100 mm power handle.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:56 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:44 am
LowRange wrote:
HobeyBaker wrote:
The side plate that comes off the Zillion is plastic/composite. I was thinking that this would be full aluminum like the Steez A. It also looks like it has a 100 mm power handle.
The handle side plate on both Zillions is aluminum as is the set plate. The top plate on the silver Zillion is plastic. I'm assuming this black one has a plastic top plate as well. This is a black Zillion with some nicer trim on it and the big handle from the last Zillion HD. Definitely would be the new Zillion I would get. I dont like silver reels.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:04 am

LowRange wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:56 am
HobeyBaker wrote:
LowRange wrote:
HobeyBaker wrote:
The handle side plate on both Zillions is aluminum as is the set plate. The top plate on the silver Zillion is plastic. I'm assuming this black one has a plastic top plate as well. This is a black Zillion with some nicer trim on it and the big handle from the last Zillion HD. Definitely would be the new Zillion I would get. I dont like silver reels.
The side plates on mine feel pretty plasticy. I'll need to check when I get home from work.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:10 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:04 am
LowRange wrote:
HobeyBaker wrote:
LowRange wrote:
HobeyBaker wrote:
The side plates on mine feel pretty plasticy. I'll need to check when I get home from work.
The non handle side plate is plastic with an aluminum set plate inside. Its the part that houses the magnets and locks into the frame. It's the only structural portion of the non handle side plate. Some low pros do have aluminum non handle side plates though. I have 3 Doyos like this but I think they did this so they could use an anodized finish on the reels.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:12 am

Cristo wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:44 am
The way I see it who really cares you can never have enough talk about anything on here quite honestly :big grin:

I'm a big fan of the zillion HD so I'm very very excited to hear all the news and opinions once these specimen start getting into people's hands

Just doing my usual ballbusting 8-)
Attachments
swoon.jpg
swoon.jpg (46.06 KiB) Viewed 3144 times

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:22 am

LowRange wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:10 am
HobeyBaker wrote:
LowRange wrote:
HobeyBaker wrote:
LowRange wrote:

The non handle side plate is plastic with an aluminum set plate inside. Its the part that houses the magnets and locks into the frame. It's the only structural portion of the non handle side plate. Some low pros do have aluminum non handle side plates though. I have 3 Doyos like this but I think they did this so they could use an anodized finish on the reels.
That's why I was wondering if the new Zillion HD is all aluminum like the Steez A.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:05 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:22 am
LowRange wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:10 am
HobeyBaker wrote:
LowRange wrote:
HobeyBaker wrote:

That's why I was wondering if the new Zillion HD is all aluminum like the Steez A.
Even the Steez A has a plastic non handle side plate with a metal side plate. I don't know of any low pro Daiwas that make use of an aluminum non handle side plate and set plate. They sometimes call the set plate a side plate. Daiwa US probably has or listed that way because they are retarded. Dawia japan states that it is an aluminum set plate and their super hyper hyper armed aluminum hyper housing pic shows an aluminim frame and handle side plate.

Daiwa US had Magforce Z operation description backwards for years and someone on another site was arguing with me on how it works saying that the inductor extends only at the end of the cast because that's what Daiwa's (US) site says. Later they changed their description to match my explanation of how it works after he reached out to them in an email. They just copied my post and stuck it on the site. I'll have to check to see if it is still that way. Anyhoo don't listen to Daiwa US website about anything.