Jackall BMP rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Bassnut1
Angler
Angler

Jackall BMP rods

Post by Bassnut1 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:58 am

Can anyone give a report on these rods? I have a couple Adrena rods, and these look interesting for the price.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Jackall BMP rods

Post by LowRange » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:10 pm

I ordered the BP C70M+ ST. Its a 5-28 gram rated versatile solid tip M+. I want some sort to future amazing weightless 4 to 5" senko and up to 3/8 oz jig stick but can't pull the trigger on anything because I have no idea what I want.

I wanted that crazy solid tip aircraft carrier harrier jet $700 billion dollar JDM Steez rod but they are gone and that was too much to FOMO in on. I also have a lonely Tatula Elite Long Cast spool that I used in some crummy Fuego CT last season that I adored for its ability to effortlessly toss Pad Crasher Jrs, senkos ect and it's ability to skip like an SV spool. The thing was a pretty decent distance caster too. Just a nice spool for all around M to MH use. Gonna get a lefty Tatula 100 to put this spool on and for this rod. Maybe it will sort of be like a poor man's version of the Steez stick. Maybe. This frees up the Tatula Type R and gen 1 Zodias a bit. That rod gets used way too much.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:21 pm

I got this guy. Going to see how I like the idea or a M+ solid tip rod. If I do then I track down that Steez Racing Design miracle stick someday. It looks like the length of a stick that is rigid is longer than the shorter non solid tip other M+ they have. I'm guessing this one is the faster, softer tipped and more backbone having stick of the two M+ rods.

"Super loco of Kasumigaura, produced by TAKUYA BABA / bait casting model

The BP-C70M+ST, which is intended for shore fishing, has a wide M+ power with a large lure weight that can be handled by a single shore fishing with a limited number of tackles, and a 7ft length that is effective. Pay attention to cover in the water and usability that carefully attacks the cover with a solid carbon solid. A jig and warming versatile rod that supports various rigs.

Adopts a 130cm anomalous 2pcs specification (1 & half design) that combines the action advantage of 1pc blank and the portability of 2pcs."

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:58 am

Got my M+ ST in. I've been comparing it to my gen 1 2015 Zodias 72M as the nearest stick. Couple of things right away:

The two peice is a traditional 2pc instead of a shaft that fits into a handle type 2pc

It feels heavier in hand than my old Zodias

Its balances out about the same as my old Zodias

The solid tip is not XF or even very soft. It might even be stiffer than the Zodias tip. It may not even be solid carbon and be a fiberglass tip. It has a spiral texture to it.

It is slightly faster than the 72M old Zodias

Overall my 1st impressions are that it is lower end stick than a 2015 Zodias. It's heavier, less pretty, and seems unimpressive in hand compared to a 2015 rod at the same price point. It is a bit faster and maybe has more power but the two are very similar so far. I'll have to see what I think of it after spending some time on the water. My 1st impressions of the Zodias wasn't great either but I grew to love it. This does confirm what I thought about the 72M being a M+ because it's very similar to the Jackall M+ power.

I was hoping for a lighter Zodias 72M with a faster more bottom contact orientated taper with a different 2pc construction on a stick that fishes like more bottom contact version of gen 1 72M Zodias or 73 Adrena but still super versatile. Maybe it will fish the way I want it to. If not then it seems versatile enough to be an all around kayak stick. Handle length is the same as my 72M Zodias despite being "shore model" rods and actually fish well out of the yak because of the shortish handle. I can see myself using it for 5" Senkos, 3/8 oz Dark Sleepers, Pad Crasher Jr and finesse jig work up to 3/8 oz and using the Zodias 72M for more treble hook and moving bait stuff. Basically split the load I was using on the 72M across the two rods.

Pics to come later.

Sort answer: if you are eyeing these then put that money towards a Posion Adrena or Zodias.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:00 pm

Pics of the two M+ rods.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:29 pm

I’m planning to order the C63MLBF soon and will report back

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:36 pm

evilcatfish wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:29 pm
Is that the 2021 new model?

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:06 am

LowRange wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:36 pm
evilcatfish wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:29 pm
Is that the 2021 new model?
Yes the 21 model. I think it will be a fun rod for stuff like griffons and shower blows 77.7 here in our small ozark rivers

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed May 18, 2022 10:09 pm

Spent some time this spring with the "m+" which is really just a solid tip MH. The sold tip is also wrapped into the blank making it slower and more powerful. Casting was a little weird at 1st. Some baits are too light to load beyond the tip and cast weird. Others are too heavy and the tip overloads making accuracy poor. I have been enjoying the solid tip hopping geecrack bellows gills on 1/8 Texas rigs across beds. The soft tip let's you snap it up and put it back down almost in place. Might be a decent poverty spec stand in for that MH solid tip JDM Steez rod. Looking forward to throwing drop shots on it next.