ZILLION Silver Wolf specs

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: ZILLION Silver Wolf specs

Post by goldrod » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:51 pm

Craiger12 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:43 pm
goldrod wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:53 am
The wolf out of the box performance is outstanding
16# asgei on a edge black widow 703 1/8-3/8 and I’m tossing a keitech 4” easy shiner with only a hook like I have weight on it
Not familiar with that line. Are you running the stock spool or did you swap it out?
believe it or not i am using the stock spool..
There is more line capacity than I thought too.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:49 pm

Could you use fluorocarbon? I am so tired of waiting for my JDM site to get the SV BOOST 1000 Shallow, just looking to try something else.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:16 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:49 pm
Could you use fluorocarbon? I am so tired of waiting for my JDM site to get the SV BOOST 1000 Shallow, just looking to try something else.

Honestly I would say yes. albeit small diameter floro the Sunline Xplasma Asegai Braided Line is 16lb but .0082 of an inch
i eventually used a 3/32 owner shakey head and the same 4" shad brake setting was on 11 both ways. I like this reel and the reel that i was hoping to find again that i regret selling im glad that i took this leap. The only thing I dont like is the side plate comes completely off and im not a fan of that. I just am careful to ensure that it on securely but i dont change spools too often when i get what i want in a reel.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:01 am

goldrod wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:16 pm
DirtyD64 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:49 pm

Honestly I would say yes. albeit small diameter floro the Sunline Xplasma Asegai Braided Line is 16lb but .0082 of an inch
i eventually used a 3/32 owner shakey head and the same 4" shad brake setting was on 11 both ways. I like this reel and the reel that i was hoping to find again that i regret selling im glad that i took this leap. The only thing I dont like is the side plate comes completely off and im not a fan of that. I just am careful to ensure that it on securely but i dont change spools too often when i get what i want in a reel.
I think the regular Zillion and HD side plates come off completely too, luckily Daiwa's seem to be fairly secure and no need for internal adjustments on the water. I wish Digi would get the SV Boost Shallow, I figure it would run better with 8lb-12lb fluorocarbon. Been trying to sell a Zillion SVTW spool and a Ray's BFS spool for a while now.