websites timing out cart

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
shadybanks
Angler
Angler

websites timing out cart

Post by shadybanks » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:10 pm

Is there a way to keep websites from timing out and losing the contents of your cart?

I spent half the morning shopping and filling a cart and went and took a shower and now everything is gone. I guess I should write things down as I add them or take pics of the cart every now and then. This happens with several JDM sites.

It has saved me some money, but it is frustrating. BTW the exchange rate is still pretty good right now.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: websites timing out cart

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:10 pm

Are you logging into the site or using the visitor feature. normally when you log into a site it remembers the contents of your cart and you can browse and add or take from the cart at your leisure until ready to check out.

dennis_rf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dennis_rf » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:53 pm

With some shops, when you‘re looking at the cart and save that to a .html file on your mac the items are included and anyone you send that link-file to can dive right into your cart. You can test it by opening that file with a different browser.

Or you go for tab-madness and open all the items you you’re interested in in a new tab :D

DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DarkShadow » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:18 pm

There are some sites that don't do well with cookies and remembering you're cart.

For the sites that don't, I open a new Notepad file and go Cut and Paste. When I'm finally done shopping, it becomes a tedious cut and paste exercise on my web browser.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:43 am

shadybanks wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:10 pm
BTW the exchange rate is still pretty good right now.
Best it has been in about a few decades. Dollar strength vis-a-vi other currencies is great.