Help w Evergeen Kaleido Inspirare RS/GT

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Help w Evergeen Kaleido Inspirare RS/GT

Post by domthewon » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:17 pm

captainhookset wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:06 am
domthewon wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:41 pm
Here’s a pic of the RSR, SSGT, and 7’4xh Steez. The Steez handle is actually shorter than the other 2 rods unfortunately. Probably won’t be a good choice since you don’t like the handle on the Steez. ;)

A4B24243-6FF8-46AD-B069-0627EE42B1B8.jpeg

Super awesome and helpful, thank you! I'm glad i've got myself back on this forum i neglected it for the last decade LOL
No worries. Glad to help. I don’t check in as often as I used to either. There just hasn’t been as much new gear im interested in as there used to. If I do see something most of the time I’m fortunate enough to just buy it now. Good luck finding something that will work for your needs.
Dom

Fjordblue
Angler
Angler

Post by Fjordblue » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:48 am

Very useful information in this thread.
I am guessing that the super steed gt-r is also developed for braid to leader.
Can anyone confirm this?
Greetings Greg

PKN8
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PKN8 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:28 pm

domthewon wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:23 am
As for the Cougar SFX Elite 7 I have the GT model. It’s the latest model I own and I must say it’s awesome. The GT model is an inch longer with a shorter handle which gives it more useable blank length than the RS. It also has the spineless blank technology which make any type of pitching skipping and casting from different angles extremely satisfying and accurate. Also casting distance is pretty damn good. It can be used for lighter bottom contact, but is best suited for moving baits. It is an amazing dog walking rod but is fun for cranks and minnows also. I use 13-15 lb mono with a snap and switch between baits we’re applicable.
I've been looking for an Evergreen rod to throw heavier jerks with. Would the Cougar SFX Elite 7 fit throwing heavier jerks around 5/8 or 3/4 oz?
Always learning...

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:56 pm

Fjordblue wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:48 am
Very useful information in this thread.
I am guessing that the super steed gt-r is also developed for braid to leader.
Can anyone confirm this?
Greetings Greg
I have used braid/leader on my Super Steed GT-R for the last two fishing seasons and have had no issues or drama with this exceptional L/ML powered casting rod. I use my rod primarily for presenting the EG Super Sledge micro-jerkbait when I am smallmouth bass fishing in the early springtime, and it does a fantastic job at presenting this lure on 10# YGK SS112 braid/super ester line with a #6 Seaguar Tatsu FC leader!
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:21 pm

PKN8 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:28 pm
domthewon wrote:
As for the Cougar SFX Elite 7 I have the GT model. It’s the latest model I own and I must say it’s awesome. The GT model is an inch longer with a shorter handle which gives it more useable blank length than the RS. It also has the spineless blank technology which make any type of pitching skipping and casting from different angles extremely satisfying and accurate. Also casting distance is pretty damn good. It can be used for lighter bottom contact, but is best suited for moving baits. It is an amazing dog walking rod but is fun for cranks and minnows also. I use 13-15 lb mono with a snap and switch between baits we’re applicable.
I've been looking for an Evergreen rod to throw heavier jerks with. Would the Cougar SFX Elite 7 fit throwing heavier jerks around 5/8 or 3/4 oz?
So I finally had a chance to tie a few on for you. I was pretty impressed with the Cougar throwing a 1/2 oz MB + 1. The tip is very reactive and springy and it doesn’t take much effort to make nice pops and rips with it. You can tell the tip would be great for fighting fish with a jerkbait on. However I couldn’t for the life of me find a 3/4 oz jerkbaits in my collection. I only have about half of my tackle here. The rest is in my boat. I tried a 30gram mb Kanata and it overpowered it. It is over the 1oz rod rating anyways. I also tried a 26g pointer sp. it was fine to cast, but working it wasn’t great. There was too much drag for the tip to keep up. I would recommend it for smaller Jerkbaits or topwaters and cranks at or under an oz. As for larger Jerkbaits I’d look into a different model. Something with a stiffer tip section.
E5860A59-6822-4C01-A8A3-B935F7A0CF55.jpeg
E5860A59-6822-4C01-A8A3-B935F7A0CF55.jpeg (82.71 KiB) Viewed 1269 times

PKN8
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PKN8 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:53 am

domthewon wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:21 pm
PKN8 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:28 pm
domthewon wrote:
So I finally had a chance to tie a few on for you. I was pretty impressed with the Cougar throwing a 1/2 oz MB + 1. The tip is very reactive and springy and it doesn’t take much effort to make nice pops and rips with it. You can tell the tip would be great for fighting fish with a jerkbait on. However I couldn’t for the life of me find a 3/4 oz jerkbaits in my collection. I only have about half of my tackle here. The rest is in my boat. I tried a 30gram mb Kanata and it overpowered it. It is over the 1oz rod rating anyways. I also tried a 26g pointer sp. it was fine to cast, but working it wasn’t great. There was too much drag for the tip to keep up. I would recommend it for smaller Jerkbaits or topwaters and cranks at or under an oz. As for larger Jerkbaits I’d look into a different model. Something with a stiffer tip section.
Thanks for the rundown! Much appreciated!
Always learning...