New Steez Rods - Fire Wolf

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

New Steez Rods - Fire Wolf

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:24 pm

Has anyone picked up this model yet?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Steez Rods - Fire Wolf

Post by goldrod » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:50 am

It’s been in my cart but I haven’t pulled the trigger on it.
There is another rod in the cart on pre order and I’m not sure if they ship one at a time or both but

Back to the topics I was looking at the longer handle model for walking baits
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

captainhookset
Angler
Angler

Post by captainhookset » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:24 pm

I can't quite tell but it seems like the new jdm steez rods are all two piece? Like the blank and handle is one piece, and then the top part of the blank is the second piece?

I have multi-piece rods for travel (legit design swimbait 5 piece), and i have tons of rods that have a detachable handle, but i dont have any rods that have a blank that splits halfway up.

How do they fish? Or am i misunderstanding the Steez?

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:54 pm

captainhookset wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:24 pm
I can't quite tell but it seems like the new jdm steez rods are all two piece? Like the blank and handle is one piece, and then the top part of the blank is the second piece?

I have multi-piece rods for travel (legit design swimbait 5 piece), and i have tons of rods that have a detachable handle, but i dont have any rods that have a blank that splits halfway up.

I think you might be misunderstanding, the new 22 Daiwa Steez Fire Wolf I have on order is a "typical" 1 + grip two-piece casting rod with the handle and a spigot ferrule at the top of the handle grip that the rod blank joins or seats into, all of my Daiwa Steez Racing Design and Steez casting rods use this same system. My Evergreen Poseidon Salty Sensation and Superior LRF spinning rods use the center-cut two-piece rod join system you are alluding to as do many of my other JDM LRF rods that I use for my spring panfishing needs.

I'm excited to get the new Fire Wolf in my hands so I can give it a good workout smallmouth bass fishing on Chequamegon Bay this fall! I'll report back on what I find out as soon as the rod is delivered from Kazumi and the folks at JDMTH.com.

Please have a great day!
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:57 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:54 pm
captainhookset wrote:

I think you might be misunderstanding, the new 22 Daiwa Steez Fire Wolf I have on order is a "typical" 1 + grip two-piece casting rod with the handle and a spigot ferrule at the top of the handle grip that the rod blank joins or seats into, all of my Daiwa Steez Racing Design and Steez casting rods use this same system. My Evergreen Poseidon Salty Sensation and Superior LRF spinning rods use the center-cut two-piece rod join system you are alluding to as do many of my other JDM LRF rods that I use for my spring panfishing needs.

I'm excited to get the new Fire Wolf in my hands so I can give it a good workout smallmouth bass fishing on Chequamegon Bay this fall! I'll report back on what I find out as soon as the rod is delivered from Kazumi and the folks at JDMTH.com.

Please have a great day!
You know the drill buddy - hit me up please when you get it, and after you spend some time with it! Seems we have heavy interest in the same rod models 😁

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:23 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:57 pm
City17Banner wrote:
captainhookset wrote:

Please have a great day!
You know the drill buddy - hit me up please when you get it, and after you spend some time with it! Seems we have heavy interest in the same rod models 😁
Last month I got the new 22 Poison Ultima 611ML+ and I couldn't be more pleased with it and this month I get to play with this new gem of a JDM casting rod!

Of course, sir! I'm assuming you want the obligatory rod balance and rod taper pictures too? It must be because we have been bitten by the smallmouth bass bug perhaps?!? =D>
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:53 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:23 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:57 pm
City17Banner wrote:
captainhookset wrote:

Please have a great day!
Last month I got the new 22 Poison Ultima 611ML+ and I couldn't be more pleased with it and this month I get to play with this new gem of a JDM casting rod!

Of course, sir! I'm assuming you want the obligatory rod balance and rod taper pictures too? It must be because we have been bitten by the smallmouth bass bug perhaps?!? =D>
Yeah man. I think we both have similar styles and tastes in Smallmouth gear. I might swing for a Ultima, but I'm pretty dang happy with the Glorious

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:09 pm

Just wanted to resurrect this thread and see if anyone has new input/thoughts on the SC C69M+ -ST? I've been considering this rod for a little while as I love rods falling in the power category of Medium+/Light Medium Heavy. Also a big fan of the full grip, though a little skeptical of the solid tip aspect. Gotta say, the versatility of this rod as described sounds almost too good to be true!

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:39 pm

evilcatfish wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:09 pm
Just wanted to resurrect this thread and see if anyone has new input/thoughts on the SC C69M+ -ST? I've been considering this rod for a little while as I love rods falling in the power category of Medium+/Light Medium Heavy. Also a big fan of the full grip, though a little skeptical of the solid tip aspect. Gotta say, the versatility of this rod as described sounds almost too good to be true!
I've only had mine out twice. The solid tip makes it a little hard to tell how sensitive this rod actually is. I guess you could say that it has the power of a medium, medium plus except in the upper 3rd of the blank. It's definitely universal, but because of the tip section, I wouldn't throw anything over 5/8 oz myself. Bottom contact would be less for me personally, but I don't like to push my sticks too hard.
That being said, I absolutely enjoy fishing it. Super fun rod to fish and catch with. As for the appearance, it might possibly be the most attractive production rod I've seen. Almost distracting when in use haha. It's beautiful no doubt. I think that the tip section might not be for everyone, especially if you desire a super firm, crisp, and responsive upper 3rd. Imagine the Shimano PG 6'10m with a softer tip section.