Megabass P5 Windbuster vs. Bait Finesse

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
mbleming
Angler
Angler

Megabass P5 Windbuster vs. Bait Finesse

Post by mbleming » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:59 am

Hi, I'm looking at both the Windbuster and Bait FInesse rods for casting free rig/light texas rig 3-3.5" soft plastics with 1/8 weights. I've heard a ton of amazing things about the Windbuster for this technique, but I'm not a huge fan of spinning gear, so I am interested in the Bait Finesse as they spec out pretty similarly. Does anyone have experience with both rods with light soft plastic use? I know the WB is a highly recommended rod due to its sensitivity, can I expect a similar level with the Bait Finesse? I'm certainly not against picking up a spinning rod if it really is special in this regard, but I know I'll enjoy fishing more with a baitcaster...any thoughts on comparisons between these rods?

Thanks!!

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass P5 Windbuster vs. Bait Finesse

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:17 am

Here is a review Cal did on the Bait Finesse:

http://tackletour.com/reviewmegabassp5baitfinesse.html
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

mbleming
Angler
Angler

Re: Megabass P5 Windbuster vs. Bait Finesse

Post by mbleming » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:30 pm

Thanks, I read the review and it was definitely helpful and has me leaning that way. I was just hoping someone might've had hands on experience with both rods...the P5s are all so nice, probably can't go wrong with either choice.