Best EG Spinerbait Rod

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Best EG Spinerbait Rod

Post by City17Banner » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:49 pm

goldrod wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:58 am
Good luck finding a white falcon I can’t even find a pigeon
Yes, they are very hard to find and acquire. :big grin:

It took me two years of diligent effort to find and acquire the four Sedition White Falcons I own and treasure! =D>
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:47 pm

goldrod wrote:
cant find any cause nv bought em all...lol j/k

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:05 pm

:big grin:
Chode wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:47 pm
goldrod wrote:
I resemble that remark greatly sir! :big grin: :laugh1:

I might be guilty of doing that for Daiwa Steez Racing Design Jigga Sticks too! \:D/ =D> :lol:

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:40 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:05 pm
Chode wrote:
goldrod wrote:

I might be guilty of doing that for Daiwa Steez Racing Design Jigga Sticks too! \:D/ =D> :lol:
I might have to take one of those off ur hands 😂

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:46 pm

Chode wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:40 pm
City17Banner wrote:
Chode wrote:
goldrod wrote:

yeah.. share the love ..lol
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:48 pm

Chode wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
Chode wrote:
goldrod wrote:

It's the only JDM bottom contact rod I own that matches up closely to the incomparable Evergreen Rapid Gunner RSR! :strface: :whistle: :-$

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:52 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:48 pm
Chode wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
Chode wrote:
goldrod wrote:

It's the only JDM bottom contact rod I own that matches up closely to the incomparable Evergreen Rapid Gunner RSR! :strface: :whistle: :-$
Why won't they make more or update it ? seems like the demand is there! I know its here!

Evergreen rods are great rods and the RSR for me maybe next year.. I will have to clear out alot of stuff packed up in the closet.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:02 am

goldrod wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:52 pm
City17Banner wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:48 pm
Chode wrote:
City17Banner wrote:
Chode wrote:

Why won't they make more or update it ? seems like the demand is there! I know its here!

Evergreen rods are great rods and the RSR for me maybe next year.. I will have to clear out alot of stuff packed up in the closet.
There are persistent rumors that a new version of the Daiwa Racing Design is coming out in the near future, but since I retired last year, I haven't traveled to Japan at all like I used to (four to six times a year for business) and now I lack the personal contacts and no longer have any of the insights into what JDM fishing tackle companies like Daiwa are doing from spending time at high-end tackle shops like Maniac's in Tokyo.

No matter what happens, it's clear to me when I pick up (and use) my newest 22 Shimano Poison Ultima 611ML+ casting rods that Daiwa has to bring more to the table than anything the current JDM or USDM Steez rods represent to the market. For me the new Poison Ultima is perhaps the best combination of low rod self-weight, sensitivity, and power since my initial purchase and use of the Daiwa Steez Racing Design RD 610ML+FB Shallow Cover Finesse casting rod in late 2019!

The Evergreen Rapid Gunner RSR is the ultimate bottom contact "sleeper rod" as the specifications truly don't give you an inkling or sensation of what the rod truly is capable of from actual use on the boat. Every time I use the RSR, there's this sensation of "this rod can't be this stout and this sensitive at the same time", and then a smallmouth bass comes along and bites my lure when I am "out of position" and yet the RSR is so fast that it hooks them even without the need to reel down and feel the weight of the fish! Superlatives fail me when discussing the RSR simply because it defies any normal description of what a heavy bottom contact rod should be or do and you can't explain that to a fellow angler without handing them the rod and experiencing it firsthand. For me it's employed primarily as a deep-water football jig rod which works well in the rocky NW Wisconsin waters I fish from ice-out (whenever that happens) until the inclement weather makes it too cold to compensate for with technical clothing and chemical hand warmers, so from early-April until early-November. That's a very flexible bottom contact technique for the waters I fish and it's the reason I now own three RSR's and plan on getting a fourth one so I can have two rods in each of my bass boats for the 2023 fishing season.

Does this mean the Daiwa Steez Racing Design Jigga Stick is useless on my bass boats? Not at all, for me the Jigga Stick represents the ideal combination of ease of use (light weight and general handiness), sensitivity with a broad range of bottom contact lures, and the power necessary to extract fish from any shoreline or deep-water environment. It is truly the bottom contact workhorse of my JDM bottom contact rod collection which can and does faithfully present everything from a 1/4oz Beast Coast Finesse Tungsten Jig with a Missile Baits Mini D Chunk trailer all the way to a 1 1/4oz Dirty Jigs No-Jack Punchin' Jig with a 5.2" RI Double Wide Beaver for the times when I fish natural lakes for big largemouth bass.

Are there more capable JDM rods in my inventory that can present individual bottom contact lures/techniques better? Perhaps, but then I would need to bring a half a dozen more bottom contact rods, instead the Jigga Stick just gets the job done without any drama or second thoughts.

Having said all that, the true JDM casting rod gem for me as a crankbait fanatic are the Sedition White Falcon casting rods, I've always preferred the buttery smoothness of fiberglass casting rods for crankbait fishing but never cared for the sensation of extra-heaviness and general "un-handiness" that fiberglass rods engendered. Cue the Sedition White Falcon and now all those problems are no longer present for me, it's a very strange feeling to pick up any fiberglass casting rod and not feel like you picked up a heavy broomstick of oak or another dense hard wood. :lol:

For me the White Falcon presents the nearly perfect combination of casting smoothness, high levels of sensitivity (for a fiberglass crankbait rod) and the ability to hook and fight a trophy smallmouth bass with seemingly no effort or input involved from the angler. I recall in the late spring of 2021, my first-time fishing the White Falcon using a highly modified Jackall Bling 55 (I stocked up back in 2015-16 when Jackall decided to discontinue this seminal cold-water crankbait) and catching a trophy 22" pre-spawn smallmouth bass and during the fight, never having to employ the dreaded "emergency maneuver" of hitting the spool release and manually thumbing the spool (learned from many years of fishing muskie using older ABU Garcia 4500/5500/6500 round reels in my younger days) of my new 21 Shimano Antares DC reel even once! I initially thought this was a fluke on catching this magnificent fish, but my subsequent experience over the last two seasons has been that no matter what size fish I catch on any of my White Falcon rods, this eerie ability to just let the rod do its job and fight the fish to a standstill is worthy of mention because there's even less knowledge and impressions about Sedition Rods than there are for the "usual suspects" of the top tier JDM rod manufacturers we typically think of when we consider JDM "uber" casting rods.

Lastly, every time I try to employ the "emergency maneuver" from being boneheaded and trying to usurp the White Falcon from doing its job, I screw everything up and the fish gets off, so for me it's much better resist my stubbornness and just let the White Falcon take care of business after I manage to hook the fish.

Which is never guaranteed of course. \:D/

Please have a great day!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:50 pm

Both rods received today
And the wife wasn’t home so that’s a bonus
I can say that by feeling and casting I like the feel of the cougar but I caught the first fish on the fire wolf. Both reels are paired with TDZ R+ reels

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:55 pm

goldrod wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:50 pm
Both rods received today
And the wife wasn’t home so that’s a bonus
I can say that by feeling and casting I like the feel of the cougar but I caught the first fish on the fire wolf. Both reels are paired with TDZ R+ reels
That's great to hear! I hope you catch lots of fish with your new rods. We're having too much fun dealing with winter here in the North Country. :crying:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:22 am

sure will once my truck gets out of the shop. for now its banking
Attachments
IMG_9634.JPG
IMG_9634.JPG (86.97 KiB) Viewed 1259 times
IMG_9631.JPG
IMG_9631.JPG (77.27 KiB) Viewed 1259 times
IMG_9626.JPG
IMG_9626.JPG (70.42 KiB) Viewed 1259 times

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:50 am

Real time report on both rods and they are phenomenal.. i think i want to go Green as in EG.

I was able use a spinnerbait, raid Japan Gorilla crank bait, megabass diamante and xplose, and evergreen shower blow with the dire wolf and I can feel the blade turn at the end of the cast when the lure hits the water. Its a very sensitive rod and I got plenty of hits off the Gorilla crank and i really like this rod more than my old sb rod. This is a VERY versatile stick more than any that i own and for those considering the Cougar it was very comparable to my custom j/b rod but more sensitive and I dare say the ultimate for what i like. I was able to use the 110 magnums as well as the vision 110 and it handle both very very well
i was broke off on the magnum but i never had so much joy losing lures lol.