Bought a Millionaire CT SV, what to expect?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
bfsjunkie
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Bought a Millionaire CT SV, what to expect?

Post by bfsjunkie » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:36 am

Was debating on getting this 700s spool for my steez ct for bfs 3.5 to 12g with 8lb fluro or thon pe braid. Pairing it with either a megabass p5 criffhanger thrilling or a steez skyray. Please any info is useful if anyone has tried it in the steez ct I assume it would be the same? Thanks.

Preston
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Preston » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:27 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:58 pm
I am gonna have to order an orange tension knob for mine, looks good. If you use a regular 90mm handle, that orange lock plate won't overlap at all.
I love short handles on finesse reels. I'm using my mind to convince my mind to ignore that overlap... It's not working. I knew someone would notice it. :crying:

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:25 pm

bfsjunkie wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:36 am
Was debating on getting this 700s spool for my steez ct for bfs 3.5 to 12g with 8lb fluro or thon pe braid. Pairing it with either a megabass p5 criffhanger thrilling or a steez skyray. Please any info is useful if anyone has tried it in the steez ct I assume it would be the same? Thanks.
The stock Millionaire or any 30mm SV spool will cast 3.5 grams easily. Mine with a ML rod and 8lb fluorocarbon throws 3.5 gram decoy heads with a tiny #4 hook and 2" Easy Shiner very well.

Preston
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Preston » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:41 pm

So I opened up my Millionaire to check things out. Here are some items to report.

1 I mentioned I could just barely hear the gears in a previous post. I couldn't feel anything, but I could hear it. Upon opening, it seemed relatively greased. The gears had some, but it was very light. I cleaned them up and regreased them. The real is utterly silent in regards to gear noise now. Still super smooth. :D

2. Based on some posts here, and to save some money, I ordered a set of Alpha CT SV 70 gears as a backup. That was a mistake. The main gear looks to be identical. I did not install it. The pinion gear is different and will not work. The gap on the pinion gear for the yoke isn't wide enough to fit the yoke of the Millionaire.

3. My spool with the bearing weighs 9.5 grams. That's pretty neat.