ZPI Global

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

ZPI Global

Post by Johnny A » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:53 pm

Is ZPI back in the maintenance and parts biz? Recent updates on the interwebz

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: ZPI Global

Post by SSS » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:24 pm

Would be cool if they did. My worry is that they'll be making their stuff in China, but sell for the same price as they were made in Japan.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:48 pm

Global ZPI IS back on the market per another message on VisageTome :whistle:

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:14 pm

Friggin' Schuuuweeet!
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:59 pm

Their instagram page has been showing pictures of new zpi spools for daiwa reels.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:00 am

Most recently
Attachments
37AFABE5-93FF-4A3B-BEA9-9AF446EC96A8.png
37AFABE5-93FF-4A3B-BEA9-9AF446EC96A8.png (107.16 KiB) Viewed 2299 times

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:18 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:00 am
Most recently
Is that a ZPI spool? If it is, I think it's funny because I remember a comment on Facebook a while back where Tsuyoshi Kato was bad mouthing BFS spools with holes in them. :lol:

The context of his comments came in a post where a Facebook friend of mine damaged a KTF spool when removing it from his reel.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:37 pm

John G wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:18 pm
Dalleinf wrote:
Most recently
Is that a ZPI spool? If it is, I think it's funny because I remember a comment on Facebook a while back where Tsuyoshi Kato was bad mouthing BFS spools with holes in them. :lol:

The context of his comments came in a post where a Facebook friend of mine damaged a KTF spool when removing it from his reel.
This is translated from a TZlure post dated april 14th 2022:

Over time, although ZPI is trying to get rid of the posture of third-party modification manufacturers and promote its own reel and fishing rods and peripheral products, after all, ZPI is an enterprise that started with modification. With the development in recent years, it may still need to modify. It has turned most of its business to its Manufacturers do it, but ZPI seems to find that the name of the ZPI modification is still heavy in people's minds, so ZPI has recently intended to re-provide support for third-party modifications for large factory rewinders such as DAIWA.

This is aimed at the 34mm wire cup of Factory D. At present, it provides a cup change for 21 ZILLION SV TW. After all, the new ZILLION SV TW is very popular in the current wire reel market. ZPI also wants to take the opportunity to make a lively and get a piece of the pie. After all, ZPI was unique. The unique feeling of braking design for throwing control is also the reason why many people like ZPI cup change cup. Whether it is the early cup change for major wire reel manufacturers or the cup change of the classic NRC001M series two years ago, it is still a favorite style for many people. This time, it is a new cup change to the D factory reel. Support is also a small surprise for ZPI fans in the past two years.

This cup change is mainly supported by a 34mm wire cup. As in the past, most of the styles of the traditional ZPI were unpunched. This time, the cup change of cup has become a punched style. The weight of the line cup should be relatively lighter. Although the line capacity has not been officially exposed at present, according to past experience. It should be a relatively mainstream demand direction, about 10-12LB-100-80m.

However, in terms of the official pictures released so far, the style of the cup change should also be similar to the ZELOS ZPIII SPOOL change style used on ZPI's own reel. Therefore, it can also be predicted that the overall weight of the line cup will also be lighter.

———

It seems ZPI is making a spool with holes, albeit slowly :-)

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:47 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:37 pm
John G wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:18 pm
Dalleinf wrote:
Most recently

This is translated from a TZlure post dated april 14th 2022:

Over time, although ZPI is trying to get rid of the posture of third-party modification manufacturers and promote its own reel and fishing rods and peripheral products, after all, ZPI is an enterprise that started with modification. With the development in recent years, it may still need to modify. It has turned most of its business to its Manufacturers do it, but ZPI seems to find that the name of the ZPI modification is still heavy in people's minds, so ZPI has recently intended to re-provide support for third-party modifications for large factory rewinders such as DAIWA.

This is aimed at the 34mm wire cup of Factory D. At present, it provides a cup change for 21 ZILLION SV TW. After all, the new ZILLION SV TW is very popular in the current wire reel market. ZPI also wants to take the opportunity to make a lively and get a piece of the pie. After all, ZPI was unique. The unique feeling of braking design for throwing control is also the reason why many people like ZPI cup change cup. Whether it is the early cup change for major wire reel manufacturers or the cup change of the classic NRC001M series two years ago, it is still a favorite style for many people. This time, it is a new cup change to the D factory reel. Support is also a small surprise for ZPI fans in the past two years.

This cup change is mainly supported by a 34mm wire cup. As in the past, most of the styles of the traditional ZPI were unpunched. This time, the cup change of cup has become a punched style. The weight of the line cup should be relatively lighter. Although the line capacity has not been officially exposed at present, according to past experience. It should be a relatively mainstream demand direction, about 10-12LB-100-80m.

However, in terms of the official pictures released so far, the style of the cup change should also be similar to the ZELOS ZPIII SPOOL change style used on ZPI's own reel. Therefore, it can also be predicted that the overall weight of the line cup will also be lighter.

———

It seems ZPI is making a spool with holes, albeit slowly :-)
Having read all that, I am a firm believer that over time, a persons opinions on anything are allowed to evolve. I was just saying that I thought it was funny. I am one person who would love to see ZPI get back into the custom parts manufacturing business as long as they had the same quality that they used to have. I have bought many ZPI parts over the years and the majority of them I bought from Mayumi Kato, Tsuyoshi Kato's ex wife.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:53 pm

I liked the ZPI product line. I still use the grease and lubricants. If the reels, rods and other products failed in the market, such is life.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:33 am

Recent insta-post with zelos handle and a silver spool (zpi made?).
Attachments
F2868407-7A62-4E4C-87B3-9AE7CAA83FE4.png
F2868407-7A62-4E4C-87B3-9AE7CAA83FE4.png (128.75 KiB) Viewed 1808 times

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:06 pm

Do we know if their new spools are even made in japan, or its made in china, but they'll be charging the same price as if it was made in japan?

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:08 pm

SSS wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:06 pm
Do we know if their new spools are even made in japan, or its made in china, but they'll be charging the same price as if it was made in japan?
I don’t.
I also do not know if their old spools were made in Japan. 🧐

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:13 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:08 pm
SSS wrote:
I don’t.
I don't see why it wasn't. I know their handles had Made In Japan written on the box, and i am sure the same thing was the case for their spools, but i've never had one with the original box, so don't really know.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:34 pm

SSS wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:13 pm
Dalleinf wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:08 pm
SSS wrote:
I don’t.
I don't see why it wasn't. I know their handles had Made In Japan written on the box, and i am sure the same thing was the case for their spools, but i've never had one with the original box, so don't really know.
I had a couple of the spools but don't remember where there were made!