Fun new EG rods and other goodies

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Fun new EG rods and other goodies

Post by evilcatfish » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:44 am

I knew a few of these rods were coming, but a few were a surprise. Unfortunately the new super stallion is not included

https://www.evergreen-fishing.com/news_ ... s_bass.php

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Fun new EG rods and other goodies

Post by Johnny A » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:03 am

Looks like my name is on that “Hide and Seek” rod.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:12 am

Here's something to tide everyone over until the new EG Super Stallion GT3RS actually is available!

I present the EG Super Stallion RS Aurora Edition that just showed up on my doorstep late yesterday afternoon after waiting far too long for it to arrive!

2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:28 am

City17Banner wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:12 am
Here's something to tide everyone over until the new EG Super Stallion GT3RS actually is available!

I present the EG Super Stallion RS Aurora Edition that just showed up on my doorstep late yesterday afternoon after waiting far too long for it to arrive!

Would that Aurora refer to the Revo type reel?

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:49 am

Johnny A wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:28 am
City17Banner wrote:

Yes, it has the same type of "metallic" finish accents as the ABU Revo Elite Aurora casting reel aka K. Imae's interpretation of the older Revo Elite circa 2009 or so.

The Super Stallion Aurora Edition is a true limited "made to order" casting rod that features a full double foot rod guide train composed of the new Fuji LKW low profile Titanium guides with Torzite rings similar to the EG Rapid Gunner HD (Ti/SiC) and weighs slightly more (5grams) than my "stock" EG Super Stallion GT2RS Limited.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:52 am

City17Banner wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:49 am
Johnny A wrote:
City17Banner wrote:

Yes, it has the same type of "metallic" finish accents as the ABU Revo Elite Aurora casting reel aka K. Imae's interpretation of the older Revo Elite circa 2009 or so.

The Super Stallion Aurora Edition is a true limited "made to order" casting rod that features a full double foot rod guide train composed of the new Fuji LKW low profile Titanium guides with Torzite rings similar to the EG Rapid Gunner HD (Ti/SiC) and weighs slightly more (5grams) than my "stock" EG Super Stallion GT2RS Limited.
Thanks

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:56 am

Johnny A wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:52 am
City17Banner wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:49 am
Johnny A wrote:
City17Banner wrote:

Thanks
You are most welcome sir!

PKN8
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PKN8 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:14 pm

Doesn't look like too many of the rods are for myself, nonetheless I'm still interested to see how people enjoy them here.
Always learning...

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:53 am

PKN8 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:14 pm
Doesn't look like too many of the rods are for myself, nonetheless I'm still interested to see how people enjoy them here.
I feel the same way. I like to look at all the cars at the auto show, but some aren't my speed. Evergreen needs to come out with a lightweight 'racing' model to lure me over.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:45 am

That aurora super stallion looks fantastic! Almost makes me want to find one but I’m gonna hood out for the new SS

I really wish the new spinning rods were grip forward, I’ve really come to prefer that style

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:59 pm

City17Banner wrote:

What a beauty =D>

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:12 pm

Chode wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:59 pm
City17Banner wrote:

What a beauty =D>
Thank you sir! I'm considering getting the EG Cobra Aurora but I already have two Cobras (a GT and A Grand Cobra RS) that I use for spinnerbaits now and I just got three more EG Couger Elite 7 casting rods (one RS and two GT) for my jerkbaits, so I will just wait patiently for the new War Gazelle and SS GT3RS rods to come out. :big grin:

StymoDe
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StymoDe » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:33 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:12 pm
Chode wrote:
City17Banner wrote:

What a beauty =D>
Thank you sir! I'm considering getting the EG Cobra Aurora but I already have two Cobras (a GT and A Grand Cobra RS) that I use for spinnerbaits now and I just got three more EG Couger Elite 7 casting rods (one RS and two GT) for my jerkbaits, so I will just wait patiently for the new War Gazelle and SS GT3RS rods to come out. :big grin:
Beautiful stick indeed!
what do you use Super Stallion for mostly? believe SS is THE most popular model out of entire EG Kaleido line and does so many things well in its lure range. but where is its true strength? is it more a bottom contact stick or moving stick if you don't mind sharing :)

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:06 pm

StymoDe wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:33 pm
City17Banner wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:12 pm
Chode wrote:
City17Banner wrote:

What a beauty =D>
Beautiful stick indeed!
what do you use Super Stallion for mostly? believe SS is THE most popular model out of entire EG Kaleido line and does so many things well in its lure range. but where is its true strength? is it more a bottom contact stick or moving stick if you don't mind sharing :)
I have found in my extensive history with the Super Stallion, beginning with the original "Temujin" Kaleido TKLC-71MHX and then progressing to the TKIC Tournament model that both iterations have been fairly successful employing a wide range of reaction and bottom contact presentations. Those older generation EG rods have long since been retired into long term rod storage and the current EG Super Stallion GT2RS Limited is now my primary heavy soft swimbait rod.

Specifically, I throw the 1.25oz 6" Megabass MagDraft, 2oz Huddleston Deluxe Special 68, the 1.9oz 7.8" Keitech Swing Impact (unweighted 12/0 Owner Beast Hook), and the 2oz 8" Keitech Easy Shiner (unweighted 10/0 Owner Beast Hook). I reserve the larger and heavier 8" & 10" Megabass MagDraft swimbaits for either my EG Grand Stallion GT-X or Megabass Destroyer TS Blackjack.

That's not to say that the EG Super Stallion can't handle true 3oz lures, it's a preference of mine to have more hook setting power when using larger baits in the 3oz and beyond category since our waters (like yours) have the potential for trophy pike and muskellunge. In addition, I find that the extra length and rod blank power of the EG Grand Stallion GT-X and MB Blackjack, helps with casting and retrieving these heavier lures and makes a big difference at the end of the fishing day with less overall fatigue on my part.

I also use the EG Super Stallion GT2RS for fishing the new 1oz Deps Evoke Zero as well as my favorite top water lure: the 1oz Deps Buzzjet. The Super Stallion handles these larger top water lures effortlessly and if I didn't already own a complete set of Megabass Valkyrie casting rods, I'm sure the EG Super Stallion would be a great option for a deep diving crankbait rod as well.

I don't use the EG Super Stallion for heavy bottom contact fishing since I am fortunate enough to have an absurdly large selection of more sensitive JDM bottom contact rods such as the EG Rapid Gunner RSR, Daiwa Steez Racing Design Jigga Stick, and the bespoke Sedition Hooligan casting rods to choose from when I want to use that category of lures. That proposition may change when the new GT3RS rod comes out and I get a chance to fish with it more, but I'll keep that option off the table for now since the purpose built JDM heavy bottom contact rods fulfill their intended purposes so well. \:D/

Regarding reels, I have used both the Shimano 20 Conquest 100 & 200 DC reels on my EG Super Stallion and prefer the smaller 100 DC since I have small hands. After two years of fishing with the Conquest 100 DC, I haven't found any need to look for a different reel since all of my fishing with the EG Super Stallion is done with a long smooth cast and a slow methodical retrieve which the Conquest 100 DC reel excels at performing day after day and year after year.

Please have a great day!

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:52 pm

Is the GT2RS Super Stallion a bit more mod-fast versus the TKIC Tournament SS? I read that the Super Stallion Black for all double footed full sized guides was the one designed most for large moving baits with open hooks like big spinnerbaits.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."