Do you plan on buying the iPhone of reels aka the Z Limitbreaker?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted

Are you getting the new Z?

Yes
11%
No
85%
Maybe in used condition
3%

Total votes: 61

zalan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Do you plan on buying the iPhone of reels aka the Z Limitbreaker?

Post by zalan » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:03 pm

TravisNY wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:50 am
zalan wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:29 am
SSS wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:09 pm
no need any kind of stats tracking crap.
It is interesting that we can be so different. I would love to get stat tracking in every one of my reels. I never went for a DC reel before as normal brakes were working just fine. On the other hand I would love to analyze my fishing sessions. In the future it will have built in GPS with real time weather tracking and will give you a complete report of your fishing. That would be huge imho.

That’s what most of us dinosaurs did by keeping extensive fishing logs for decades. All for the cost of a #2 Fort Ticonderoga pencil.

I despise having to even take my work phone on the water let alone this wizardry.
Yeah, pencil works, it is just more convenient fully automatic. I got your point though.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:06 pm

Nek minute.

Pre programmable reel casting and retrieval sequences, live fibar* communication between reel, line and rod to lure to achieve optimal lure wiggle and pause manoeuvres.

There's a app Anglr that's been out for a few years already, surprised no-one has taken hold of that?

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:17 pm

Slazmo wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:06 pm
Nek minute.

Pre programmable reel casting and retrieval sequences, live fibar* communication between reel, line and rod to lure to achieve optimal lure wiggle and pause manoeuvres.

There's a app Anglr that's been out for a few years already, surprised no-one has taken hold of that?

Abu tried it with one of their rods recently.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:47 pm

zalan wrote:
SSS wrote:
It is interesting that we can be so different. I would love to get stat tracking in every one of my reels. I never went for a DC reel before as normal brakes were working just fine. On the other hand I would love to analyze my fishing sessions. In the future it will have built in GPS with real time weather tracking and will give you a complete report of your fishing. That would be huge imho.

If this reel becomes successful, smart reels could become much more widespread and popular. Could be the next real innovation and it would be much more than a breaking system.
Oh but i would like that as well, but do i want my reel to cost 125k jpy? I don't. Give me new braking tech, its about time Daiwa comes out with their DC, but the price needs to be reasonable cuz the current msrp is not.

zalan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by zalan » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:09 am

SSS wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:47 pm
zalan wrote:
SSS wrote:

If this reel becomes successful, smart reels could become much more widespread and popular. Could be the next real innovation and it would be much more than a breaking system.
Oh but i would like that as well, but do i want my reel to cost 125k jpy? I don't. Give me new braking tech, its about time Daiwa comes out with their DC, but the price needs to be reasonable cuz the current msrp is not.
Price will need to come down for sure to be considered by many. This is the first reel of it's kind, so no surprise it is expensive.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:18 am

zalan wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:09 am
Price will need to come down for sure to be considered by many. This is the first reel of it's kind, so no surprise it is expensive.
Actually first one computerized Daiwa baitcaster was in 1984, and yes, if I remember correct, it was expensive:
https://theantiqueangler.com/shop/ols/p ... sting-reel
https://www.freepatentsonline.com/4697758.html

Oktayne the Red
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Oktayne the Red » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:47 am

Sorry, I gotta throw the old man card. This is where I get off the ride. I mean, how much help casting do we really need?

How are they gonna hide the USB port on a lure?

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:07 pm

It's neat but not worth the $$$ to me but I hope it does mean the z2020 making a comeback as I need plat to get parts in stock so the tackle trap can get mine back rolling to go alongside my deps one.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:32 pm

Drop your gear set and walk away and no one gets hurt.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:40 am

doomtrprz71 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:07 pm
It's neat but not worth the $$$ to me but I hope it does mean the z2020 making a comeback as I need plat to get parts in stock so the tackle trap can get mine back rolling to go alongside my deps one.
Some says that Z2020 is on 2023 cataloque and back in the production. https://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/item3/ ... index.html
I don't believe before than I see those in the shops :)

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:36 pm

jvelth74 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:40 am
doomtrprz71 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:07 pm
Some says that Z2020 is on 2023 cataloque and back in the production. https://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/item3/ ... index.html
I don't believe before than I see those in the shops :)
I saw that as well and hope it's true, I don't want to get my hopes up either until their in stock :mrgreen:

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jbc88 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:38 am

https://youtu.be/bt_lhZ-pdO0

Just thought it was a interesting video comparing the IMZ to the DC reel.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:10 pm

Jbc88 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:38 am
https://youtu.be/bt_lhZ-pdO0

Just thought it was a interesting video comparing the IMZ to the DC reel.
I sure am grateful that we don't have to wait for A.I./digital processing to clean our rear ends after doing-da-doody.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:28 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:10 pm
I sure am grateful that we don't have to wait for A.I./digital processing to clean our rear ends after doing-da-doody.
Yes, with a healthy diet and good hydration, that should always be anallog output with no digital assistance.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:56 pm

Bronzeye wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:28 pm
dragon1 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:10 pm
Yes, with a healthy diet and good hydration, that should always be anallog output with no digital assistance.
ROTFLMAO.... =)))) :laugh1: :P
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."