Megabass 2023 Orochi X 10 rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass 2023 Orochi X 10 rods

Post by LowRange » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:00 am

PotatoLake wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:46 pm
PKN8 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:04 am
PotatoLake wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:59 pm
Got a couple on the way. I'd be glad to post my thoughts and a few pics when they get in. From the photos I've seen of folks who got them in today, they are very beautiful. My hope is they're balanced well to offset their weight.
What models did you get?
I went with the Cliffhanger and the Swamp Survivor. I wanted to see how they were at opposite ends of the weight spectrum.
Where did you find the swap survivor?

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:52 pm

LowRange wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:00 am
PotatoLake wrote:
PKN8 wrote:
PotatoLake wrote:
Got a couple on the way. I'd be glad to post my thoughts and a few pics when they get in. From the photos I've seen of folks who got them in today, they are very beautiful. My hope is they're balanced well to offset their weight.
What models did you get?
I went with the Cliffhanger and the Swamp Survivor. I wanted to see how they were at opposite ends of the weight spectrum.
Rakuten

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:14 pm

PotatoLake wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:52 pm
LowRange wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:00 am
PotatoLake wrote:
PKN8 wrote:
PotatoLake wrote:
What models did you get?
Rakuten
Thanks.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:54 am

PotatoLake wrote:
PKN8 wrote:
PotatoLake wrote:
What models did you get?
Let's us know your impressions of the swap survivor. I'd like to know if it can be an mag heavy rod for frogs, big Texas rigs, jigs and rats. A Hyuga 72H type rod that you can actually fish tip up and do bottom contact.

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:26 am

LowRange wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:54 am
PotatoLake wrote:
PKN8 wrote:
PotatoLake wrote:
What models did you get?
Let's us know your impressions of the swap survivor. I'd like to know if it can be an mag heavy rod for frogs, big Texas rigs, jigs and rats. A Hyuga 72H type rod that you can actually fish tip up and do bottom contact.
It arrives today, had some delays overseas. I'll for sure let everyone know my impressions as soon as I can make an educated review.

Pekka von Habsburg
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Pekka von Habsburg » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:23 pm

I ordered the Kirisame Bait Finesse from Japan Lure Shop yesterday. Love the looks of these new Orochis, and the specs of Kirisame matched my needs very well. It's not the lightest, thats true but it ain't that heavy either. I haven't found any reviews of it yet so I'm kinda excited. 8-[ But I love my X-bites so couldn't hesitate to buy another MB rod, this time for BFS. It doesn't need to be as sensitive as X-bites is, but hopefully it handles optimally light neds and other plastic jigs + secondarily well enough occasional light blades and other hardbaits.

Also my first post here on TT!

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:48 am

Pekka von Habsburg wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:23 pm
I ordered the Kirisame Bait Finesse from Japan Lure Shop yesterday. Love the looks of these new Orochis, and the specs of Kirisame matched my needs very well. It's not the lightest, thats true but it ain't that heavy either. I haven't found any reviews of it yet so I'm kinda excited. 8-[ But I love my X-bites so couldn't hesitate to buy another MB rod, this time for BFS. It doesn't need to be as sensitive as X-bites is, but hopefully it handles optimally light neds and other plastic jigs + secondarily well enough occasional light blades and other hardbaits.

Welcome to the forum!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:33 pm

Pekka von Habsburg wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:23 pm

Yes indeed, WELCOME!
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Pekka von Habsburg
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Pekka von Habsburg » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:24 am

F2.1/2st-67XT Kirisame Bait Finesse arrived yesterday. Some initial impressions:
-Looks amazing, and very well manufactured with a lot of attention to detail. As one would expect of a Megabass rod
-I paired it with Alphas Air TW. Extremely well balanced, and palming is very comfortable
-It is very sensitive, but not as sensitive as X-bites. X-bites is a lot crispier. This feels kind of more elastic, but I believe it's also more resilient and durable. But that is just the initial feeling, I'll see how it turns out. I believe the organic material is the key difference here. Is it a good or a bad thing, not sure. But since I throw a lot lighter lures with this, and use it mostly for perch, more elasticity is certainly positive. Sensitivity is still top-notch.
-Rod is meant for light jigging, and that's what I'm gonna use it for 90% of the time. Casting is very comfortable and accurate. The rod tip recovers immediately after cast, so pin-point casts are very easy. I didn't try to throw any other baits yet.
-It handles well jigs with plastic trailers between 3-10g. Lightest I tried was Z-man Micro Finesse ShroomZ 1/10oz with Z-Man Micro TRD 1.75". I'm sure it could handle considerably lighter baits too. Probably 1/16oz / under 2g upwards. So it can throw lighter than officially stated. I did not try to throw anything on the heavier side of the range yet. If it struggles with stuff over 3/8oz / 10g, that won't be an issue for me because I'll use my X-bites then. However I believe it will handle those well enogh, since the tip is kinda stiff (action is X-fast).
TLDR; Very, very nice BFS rod for for light jigs and bottom contact. Phenomenally balanced. Probably thanks to the material, a good mix between sensitivity and elasticity (helps with lighter baits and smaller fish). So far I'm very impressed.

I'm interested to hear your experiences and thoughts about the blanks, materials and the Orochi x10 series in general. Comparison between this and Cliffhanger would be especially interesting.

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:37 pm

LowRange wrote:
PotatoLake wrote:
PKN8 wrote:
PotatoLake wrote:
What models did you get?
Ok, I've had two weekends with mine, I got two and moved one to offset some shipping costs. It's got that Megabass softness to it, but not in a bad way. I think it'll be a versatile stick where having a nice tip to fling the frogs will help. If you like stiff frog rods then don't acquire one. Yes on rats and wakes. Bottom contact will again depend on what you want out of a rod with that technique. Some guys like super extra stiff rods NRX style. I have no exposure to the Hyuga so I can't compare. But so far I'm liking it. I'd say it's in the realm of what you would expect a Tequila Baccarac to do for you if that makes sense.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:19 pm

PotatoLake wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:37 pm
LowRange wrote:
PotatoLake wrote:
PKN8 wrote:
PotatoLake wrote:
What models did you get?
Ok, I've had two weekends with mine, I got two and moved one to offset some shipping costs. It's got that Megabass softness to it, but not in a bad way. I think it'll be a versatile stick where having a nice tip to fling the frogs will help. If you like stiff frog rods then don't acquire one. Yes on rats and wakes. Bottom contact will again depend on what you want out of a rod with that technique. Some guys like super extra stiff rods NRX style. I have no exposure to the Hyuga so I can't compare. But so far I'm liking it. I'd say it's in the realm of what you would expect a Tequila Baccarac to do for you if that makes sense.
Good explanation. Thanks.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:31 pm

My question is why is the dude in the video wearing a bike helmet?

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:24 pm

LowRange wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:26 am
If these are affordable to import i will be getting one of the jig sticks and this thing just because it reminds me of my 72H Huyga. I would like a higher end version of that rod. My Hyuga has seen some sh*t and shows it. It would also be nice if it can double as a big jig stick. The Hyuga pitches real well with a heavy bait but it's not a tip up or sensitive rod being made from 2015 Levante graphite.

Algae dumplings. :lol: :lol: 8-)

jejenkyns
Angler
Angler

Post by jejenkyns » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:30 pm

gopokes12 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:39 pm
I just got my X10 Bearingdown in today and man that rod is beautiful. The reel seat feels great and I hope that’s something they eventually put on the destroyers. I’ll be taking it out tomorrow so hopefully I’ll lean on a couple with it.
I'd love to hear some thoughts on this rod. I've got my eye on about 4 of these models, the bearingdown being one of them.

There are more rods in this line that interest me than any other line in recent memory. I wonder how they stack up to the p5's in terms of sensitivity.

russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by russ57 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:28 pm

Anyone have any experience with the bandersnatch? Looks like it could be a good all around rod. I absolutely love the green accents and overall look of these rods.

From Japan Lure shop:

"Destroyer's "Bandersnatch", which has taken the world by storm with power games using medium and heavy lures, has been reengineered with "X10" material. In order to finally release the updated rare high spec, it descends into the modern field.

"Bander Snatch" is made for power game players who challenge big fish with aggressive game development such as deep cranking, swimbait, slow roll with heavy spinnerbait.

The lightweight and torqueful characteristics of the "X10" have created a new sensation of blanks where you can immediately experience the high power-to-weight ratio. "Bandersnatch" demonstrates high attack power even in cover games with 3/8 oz. class jigs and Texas. It is a heavy versatile model for challenging monsters from all directions regardless of style, such as powerful "winding fishing" and bold "shooting fishing"."